X

smells like gas!

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smells like gas!

sup G2ic, after i installed my new crane cams, my car has been idling funny from 1000 then drops between 800 and 500 and from the exhaust it smells like gas, could this be a timing issue? or is it something else? I also feel a loss of power around third gear when it reaches 5000 RPMs and then feels like it struggles to reach redline. well here are the mods:

B18A1 107,578 miles
    CAI
    DC sports header
    custom 2 1/4 inch piping with stock muffler
    crane cams stage 2
    AEM pullies
    skunk 2 IM
    please help the best you can guys

Originally posted by jojo_DA9
    sup G2ic, after i installed my new crane cams, my car has been idling funny from 1000 then drops between 800 and 500 and from the exhaust it smells like gas, could this be a timing issue? or is it something else? I also feel a loss of power around third gear when it reaches 5000 RPMs and then feels like it struggles to reach redline. well here are the mods:

B18A1 107,578 miles
    CAI
    DC sports header
    custom 2 1/4 inch piping with stock muffler
    crane cams stage 2
    AEM pullies
    skunk 2 IM
    please help the best you can guys
    get it tuned..your not thinking of just droping some cams and not getting tuned are you?

cams tend to be lopy...

Comment

of course not, from what i read on here and other forums tuning is very important i was just wondering if i had a problem with my car or not

Comment

i just pulled my spark plug wires and all of them were wet, with what i think and looked like oil, except for number 3 it was dry. Does this mean something or is it just me?

Comment

talked with a buddy a while ago and he has some mechanical knowledge, and he said it sounds like i'm running rich, and advised that i get a fuel pressure regulater. and my probelm should go away. what do you guys think?

Comment

Its a start. Get one from summit go for like 20 bucks.

Comment

Working...
            X