B-series alt. question????

I was wondering if the alternator on a B18A would be able to fit on a B18B engine?? My alt. recently died on my car and I want to get a nice high output alternator but I plan on doing a engine swap with a B18B in a couple months and there would be no need to dump a bunch of money on a alt. that couldnt be used with my new engine. Let me know,

Brian

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/announcement.php?f=14&announcementid=13

something about posting in correct forums?

yes it will fit. IBTL.

Sweet, so it will fit.

What would of been the correct forum for this?? I figured since I was asking if a B18A alt. would fit on a B18B engine it should go under hydrids cuz I am asking something about a B18B engine. Sorry.

stock engine components

Since this is a website dedicated to GEN 2 Integras I don’t think a question about a GEN 3 motor would be considered “stock”, I mean I have a b20 and if I need to ask questions about it I wouldn’t be posting in the stock motor section, would I?..just my .02 since everyone on this board feels the need to correct everyone else…

well since you decided to continue the discussion, the part number for the two alternators is exactly the same. that would lend heavily to it being a stock component.

care to try another angle? i’ve got all day free. :sucks:

yea lets keep going, i have all day as well…his question…

"I want to get a nice high output alternator but I plan on doing a engine swap with a B18B in a couple months and there would be no need to dump a bunch of money on a alt. that couldnt be used with my new engine. "

1. “I want to get a nice high output alternator” (not stock)
  2. “I plan on doing a engine swap with a B18B” (not stock)

yea its a “stock” part number because its a b series honda part, hes not asking about a stock alt. Your missing the application that hes talking about…hes asking about an aftermarket alt. related to a future swap.

Your rebuttal?

really?

are you sure?

maybe you should go back to 5th grade and lurn to reed again.

[size=5]was wondering if the alternator on a B18A would be able to fit on a B18B engine[/size]

:shrug:

i have laundry and brake work to do. have a nice day. :bow:

rofulomygodz0rzahahah :rofl:

:shrug:

dude i know you wanna seem like your smart to all your friends on the internet but the fact of he wants a hi output alt alone makes the question not stock…thanks for using the big letters but i can read just fine.

what about all the questions about b20 swaps and what parts would fit from a b18 to a b20…its the same question but hes asking about a b18b instead of a b20. go wash your clothes and do whatever to your breaks…make sure to use metric tools

I have a b18 “alt.” with my b20…

if i asked would my b18 exhaust mani would fit on my b20 where would i post that?

as opposed to a yardstick?

if you asked that you’d be told to search, since there’s a 46560 page thread on B20s.

LOL your missing the point buddy were talking about categories not answers for questions.

and for this genius post

you just proved my point, he isnt asking if a b18a alt would fit on the b18a…he may asking about a “stock” gen 2 part yes(even though hes asking about an AFTERMARKET HI OUTPUT alt), but his question is “would it fit on a b18b” which would not be the stock motor for the gen 2. try reading the whole question first so you get all the information…good game, anymore lame ass replies?