X

b18a going turbo

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    thank you for that site, i actually own three books on honda engines and two of them deal with turbos. i am trying to build an engine that will be able to handle a lot of boost- that is my real goal. the e.t. times are just an added bonus.

Leave a comment:

• Trindol
    replied
    My advice: no offense but you know approximately nothing right now.

http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

Read that. Read about every turbo honda you can. Read books about turbo.

You don't build a set-up around a certain PSI, that's rice talk. You use whatever PSI you will require depending on power goals and the rest of the set up. Set a HP goal or a quarter mile time goal.

That's another thing, the difference between a 10 second and a 12 second Honda is immense...so better decide which one you want.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    my bad, i was just getting exited about my car

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    you will need some very strong sleeves, must have some crazy equipment if you are going to do that yourself.

and yes, this should be in FI

Leave a comment:

• jdm91integ
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic b18a going turbo

b18a going turbo

i have a 91 gs with the stock b18a with 205,000 miles, she has seen better days. im planning on getting another b18a to rebuild because this is my daily driver. i want to see at least 15 -20 lbs of boost, maybe occasionally up to 30 . I just sold a lot of my stuff just to do this. i was just hoping to get some tips or proven methods from people who have built a b18a for lots of boost. im doing everything myself inclding port and polish, so hopefully that will save some money. my ultamite goal is to run 10 sec-12 sec E.T.s. any advice would help, thanks.
Working...
X