Manual to Auto Trans Swap

I think we may be the only ones who have actually done this. If anyone cares, we can post what we had to do…

:manual: to :auto:

we only did it because the car we bought for $300 wouldn’t fully start and we didn’t trust the tranny that was in it so we kept the auto we already had with the b20 since we knew it was in good condition…

I would go ahead and post up the info if you’re so inclined. I have seen people asking about this before. I hope it didn’t cost you much though cause a working manual transmission isn’t all that expensive…

That’s insane. How’s the car running?

it runs just fine… :slight_smile: we had the same setup in our 93LS (which Mark totalled 9/2003) and plopped it in a stock 90LS manual that would start but never fully turn over so we figured it was all junk.

I told him I had a perfectly good Auto/b20 setup so that’s what I wanted to have again since it was more my car… So we compromised and had the b20 head milled by Comptech and we’ll be adding cam gears too.

Mark is always telling me how much fun a manual would be but… I just get scared of driving on hills or heavy traffic… :shock:

You don’t know how to drive a stick? Dude I promise you once you learn you won’t even think twice about hills or traffic. And it is a million times more fun.

One I am a girl (my husband and I share this screenname). And Mark taught me how to drive stick when he had his '90 240SX and I could drive it, I don’t care to drive it all the time because I get very nervous and stressed out in traffic other than Sunday mornings. I’ve been told that I drive well for a newbie stick driver but I just get panicked.

I am sure our teg could hit mid 15’s just by it being a stick but… :hmm:

Well of course you’ll be nervous at first. But that’s no reason to jump right back in an auto…well whichever you prefer.