B17a rebuild started (quick question)

ok, so i pulled the engine, sittin in my garage now, took the head off, pushed the pistons/rods out and everything is just sittin in my garage, my question, is a friend of mine was sayin, with my B17a block, and the crankshaft inside, if i go with the Pr30’s, i would have problems because the stroke is longer on the B17a, and the pistons might hit the cylinder head. I was gonna go with Eagle Billet rods, and P30 oversized pistons, after boring the block to 81.5. Hopefully, this would bring the compression ratio up, just enough so i can run 93 octane on it and be ok with everything. I wanted to know if anyone ehard about the stroke thing. Anyway, thanks laters.

You are not going to have any clearance issues by using the p30 pistons with that setup.

Later,
BR

How much research have you actually done?

There’s no such thing as PR30

You won’t be using any OEM piston at 81.5mm

my bad, p30, guess i just was thinking pr3 and p30 at the same time, didnt mean to upset you archon, sorry if the mistake got you firedup. quite a bit of research, just wanted to ask the quick question bout the clearance, no one ever broughtup the stroke issue with these pistons so i just thought id ask. Thanks for your concern though. LAtes

oh yeah, and the bore, meant to say 81.25 not 81.5, again didnt mean for the mistake to get anyone upset. Sorry bro.
81.25 should be good with the oversized JDM P30 pistons correct? or am i wrong on that archon?

tordrcl,
Like BR said you won’t have any problems with this set-up.

Not upset, just wondering how much reseach was done considering we just covered this very topic a week or two ago.

i know, i was just saying what my friend had said, i was pretty sure it wasnt valid, but he works for honda and it kinda seemed weird. so i though i might double check, didnt mean to ask a question twice, it was just kinda weird and when im throwing grands into an engine i guess i was just kindof “making sure.”
thanks again, lates