X

B18C1, Big problems

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B18C1, Big problems

The b18c1 that I rebuilt and isntalled myself in the DB2 has big problems. Most pressing issues are:

1. Burns oil when first started.

2. Leaks oil from head gasket.

3. Pings at WOT above 4k.

I am running this on the stock computer, 1824 cc of displacement and 8.8:1 compression on JE forged slugs with eagle rods. I did all of the work myself except for the machining. The head was resurfaced and secured to a new OEM head gasket using arp headstuds and copper spray.

What could be causing the oil leak?
    What can I do in the sort term to fix the pinging?
    Why is it burning oil when I start it?

Does anyone in northern new england have enough spare time to help out a poor college kid who might have to give up his teg if he can't fix it?

I would guess it burns oil when its cold becuase of the forged pistons clearances being too loose, then when they warm up they expand and seal properly. This is just a guess, not gospel.

Where from the HG are you leaking oil? I thought I was leaking in the front left corner, but it turns out my VTEC Solenoid is just a bit leaky.

Comment

Same with me, looked like a gasket leak but vtec soliniod was leaky
      whats ur timing set at?

Comment

it pings with that low of compression? Is the turbo installed yet?

Comment

do you have your knock sesnor hooked up?

maybe your dumping too much fuel in, that ECU is looking for 10:1, remember.

Comment

use 91 or higher octane that will eliminate ping, check ur timing and make sure ur knock sensor is wiried up http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring/pinouts2.htm

Comment

we need a "welcome back from the dead smiliey"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X