Need HELP - MotorSwap Questions

Hey guys,
I didnt really know what to call the topic, but yeah, i am about to get a gen3 integra, probably 98+, i currently have a 93 integra ls, and there are a few options i was thinking about

A- swapping a new ls motor and boosting it
B- swapping ls/vtec and boosting it
C- going with a g3teg with each motor setup stated above

By choosing A or B, i would be able to keep my ECU OBDI.[i think?] I was kind of leaning towards option C due to the look i prefer, but i heard that i have to switch to OBDI or sumthin like that… and its hard to pass emissions because you have to put your cmputer back to OBDII? This is just what i have heard, and i have done RESEARCH and i have not came up with anything helpful.

So if anybody could help me out here, it would be great!

iconz

[by the way, i might have to get rid of my g2, cuz my mom is making me… she thinks its too old… blah blah she doesnt understand…]

You don’t have to switch to OBD1.

thats cool and all and im glad you did your research and without trying to seem like an ass, BUT you need to make a decision 1st as far as what you want to do. There are “pros” and “cons” to each of the 3 options you have. Figure out whats going to be best for you.

listen to her. she knows whats best for you.

Alright, thanks for the reply…

i understand that she is correct, but as far as my decision goes, i cant decide right now because im not sure of the pros and cons… does vtec help significantly? how much power would i be able to make with each of the setups? im going to be changing almost everything like pistons, rings, rods, shaft, resleeving it, valves, sprins, retainers, 3 angle valve job, and also boring the cylinders to 84mm i believe. If taht was done to each setup, which one would produce the most power? and which one would be the most reliable?

Thanks alot guys.

PS- About getting a generation3 teg, [because i will be forced to] would it be hard to do what i stated above due to the fact of the OBDII Ecu? Can somebody clarify this for me please? Also, would emissions be a problem for any of these setups? [i wouldnt want to have to return my motor to stock for emissions, then put it back after!]

TTT :sucks: