P&P Head

what are good numbers ona ported head from front to back cuz my mechanic did umm lets see if i can remember in the front it waz 4th of a thousand an the back waz 5.

Flow is measured in CFM at X number of inches (water) of static pressure.

I can’t figure out what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

lol sorry my bad let me get my fax straight im going to pay a visit to my mechanic anyways going to purchase a B16 tranny then while im there i ask him how much did he port out my head like u know the numbers.

Oh I see what you are saying.

There is no real answer to that. All depends on how well the head flows after he’s finished.

Tell him to put it on a flow bench and test it. (before/after is best).

don’t be sorry, join the club. :wink:

zerocool, it sounds like if your mechanic is porting it out by the thousandths, maybe you should get a different mechanic.

i tend to have machinists to precision work like that. or better yet, experts with years and hundreds of heads’ worth of experience on HONDA engines. BBC/SBC heads have IMMENSELY different flow characteristics than hondas.

but then i’m sure you already knew all that, right?

:werd:

I’m not trying to be a dick, but your title gives no indication as to what information you are looking for, and your thread has even less useable information.

I would suggest you re-word your title, and compose your thread body in something like MS Word (or anything else with Spell/Grammar check) and then paste the corrected material into your thread.

Personally, I have no idea what you’re asking.

might as well go ahead and do it…

[size=7]I
B
T
L
[/size]

hehehehehe…
[size=7]
W
E
R
D