Ecu for Ls Vtec

I am currently doing an ls vtec swap turbo…
swapped out head for a p72 head gsr with skunk intake manifold
running 450 cc injectors…
i’ve searched already for this but no answers…
I understand that the pw0 ecu and pr3 will work and i do have the pr3…
problem is everything i read said it plugs in but in fact does not to the pr4 ecu. i do have a vafc available…my question is should i just use my pr4 ecu and hook up the vafc…or use the pr3? if pr3 then does anybody know anyone selling a conversion kit because i do not want to rewire the whole plugs to fit the pr3 ecu…thanks for your input…

what OBD is your car? I think you need an ECU from the correct OBD

obd0-92 integra

92 came as OBD1, did you switch all the harnesses to go OBD 0?

i thought 90-93 integras are obd0
94-95 are obd1
96 up is obd2

Dood use stock injectors. you’re going to ahve to trim all your fuel correctinos so much jsut to run normal with the 450’s on a stock engine. even a mild built engine dosn’t need anything bigger then 310 really for the street. dialnig uot taht much correction with 450’s will throw your timngi sof ar it’s not worth it.

nevermind im having a brain fart here…not thinking and just trying to get this project over…
most of my research just said the pr3 just plugged and did not specify…i might just sell the pr3 and go another route

sellt eh PR3 and get a Sohc VTEC P28 and chip it for DOHC etc

what was i thinking??? body changes… :owned:
i have a p28 available and can chip it

why run that? wouldn’t it be better to use p61 ecu

Well as you said. you already ahve the P28 so why not. you can use many diff ones… P73, P30 etc etc.

What exactly needs to be chipped in order for a p28 to be run on a DOHC motor? I thought it was pretty much plug and play.

you can drive it on a stock P28… but the fuelng and timing is way off… usually people will jstu burn a DOHC VTEC rom onto it.

As far as I can tell the only reason guys look at using a P28 is because it has the VTEC function. If you think about it, its hardly plug and play in a DOHC B18 VTEC or otherwise. The power curve of the integra engines are way different and the computer can only compensate so much. Hondata can take a P28 and program it to be used in your setup but thats the usual circumstance under which you would use the P28. You have big mother injectors that are going to dump a bunch of fuel into the engine. Are you sure you need that size of injector? Not my business. Its your setup. I would suggest the P30 if you can find one. Its at least setup for the B16A and is more closer in terms of programming to what you need. It would also have to be tuned up for it to run your setup properly. For what its worth, I would advise you to take it a step at a time. Theres nothing wrong with your overall plan, but don’t do it all at once. Do the LS/VTEC and get it working well keeping in mind the turbo is the next step. You can even do some of the hardware installation in the first stage. But if you do too much at once and you have the wrong combinations, you are going to be screwed up forever. If you have someone helping you who has the experience and knows the setup fine, but I don’t think you would be asking these questions if that were true. My 2 cents. I have seen too many guys go too far too soon without fully understanding what combination is required.

i turboed my car first…i ran the safc hack method with 450 cc injectors
it runs like a champ boosting only up to 7 psi for now…not going crazy…
i was given the p72 head so decided to do an ls vtec…pretty easy install with all research…what i didn’t realize when doing this was the ecu…most ecu identification changes when obd changes but the pr3 ecu did not…that was my mistake when i bought it…not researching obd0 to obd1…stupid on my part…but i can always sell it and get another computer…i would lilke to go hondata but this was a budgetted project…

anybody know where i can send the p28 to get chipped to dohc?