Cams without doing pistons, is it worth it?

Hey all I’m looking at changing cams in my b18a to some crower 403’s as well as Crower Springs, CAI, Header, RSR catback, aem fuel rail, B&M fuel pressure regulator, cam gears as well as maybe a VAFC and then maybe a dyno tune. I’m trying to figure if me not doing pistons like maybe some PR3’s would make that big of a difference, I know they will boost the compression obviously but I ain’t looking to race the car just a little more power. I’m not overly confident with changing pistons myself and even if I was it still seems like a pretty costly thing to do especially when I have no plans of racing or anything like that. Just need some advice basically.

If you are gonna do the pistons, the motor is gonna have to come out of the car. TO do it right you might as well get some fresh bearings and recondition those rods. BUt if you just do the head it will be way less expensive and the motor/trans stays in the car. Your basically looking at a full rebuild if you want to do the pistons, and thats gonna equate to some downtime as opposed to cams which take a couple hours.

Thats what I was thinking. Thanks for the reply.