X

Vtec acting weird

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vtec acting weird

I have a b18c5 stuffed in my engine bay and it ran good, especially when vtec kicked in. As I was inspecting my cam gears I realized my timing was off, so we fixed the problem and now the the car feels much better and pulles harder the only problem I am having now is that vtec still kicks in but I can hardly hear it and it doesnt kick in as hard like before, I am really confused and would appreciate any help on my situation......

ok i might be wrong here so somone correct me but . . . whoever had it before you prolly advanced the timing a bit. stock airbox/exhaust will make vtec seems softer.

Comment

Hmm, well that stands true in most cases. VTEC is always much quieter with stock components. Maybe since it's running in spec now it just naturally quiets down.

Comment

But the vtec when engaged doesn't seem to have the umph it had before, I felt it engage before but now it's not even felt...

Comment

vtec is designed to be a smooth transition, not a sudden surge in power... So you put it back to factory specs, and now its running like it should

Comment

gary coleman is right, if you feel vtec kick in hard, that means it isn't setup proper.

Comment

Thanks guys, I was breaking night trying to find out what was wrong..

Comment

Working...
              X