ITB or not

i am going to start building a ls/vtec using a b18a bottom end and a b16a1 obdo head. im gona get some wiesco pistons, bore and hone block, resurface it and micropolish + balance the crankshaft. maybe shotpeen the rods or get some eagle rods. also im gona put some crower stg3 vtec b18/b16 cams and spring/retainer kit from a friend, a lightweight flywheel,msd ignition, toda cam gears, port and polish, and some ecu and a/f upgrades. but i want to kno if i should use individual throttle bodies or not, this is gona be a 200+whp dailly driver, so just asking if i should use itbs or like a skunk 2 or edlebrock intake manifold? also if u have any other things i should use when doing the ls/vtec engine build tell me. i have built a few motors but none with itbs. get back

ps my friend ran a 13.7Q mile with a b16a1 in his 97hatch with msd sci ignition,the crower cams/springs/retainers,chiped ecu, lightweight flywheel and a skunk 2 intake, completly stock bottom end-- on the crappy ass hubcap steely wheels. althouht he does go to 10,100 rpm-- redline

um… stock bottom end and 10,000+ redline… that won’t last long

ITB are best for drag or track setups… not for daily use… but you can get individual filters for them

ITBs are a real pain to tune I hear, not too practical for a street car. Armed Ferret posted a list of what his LS/vtec includes in a thread about LS/vtec cost, that should have about everything you will need.

Indeed they are. A hondata and a crap load of time are a must if you want a stock like drivablility. Don’t confuse this with stock, its only “stock-ish”-
the idle gets higher and you could run into some serious part throttle issues. But, you can make them pretty cheap and that set-up would benifit greatly from them.

Personally, Im going to put a velocity stack at the end of my 3’’ piping and call it a day.