intermediate shaft help!

hey all! putting in a y1 lsd b16a tranny on my ls, and i ran into a problem. i got everything together and it goes fine going forward or in reverse, but when i try to turn it feels like the driver side axle is binding! :sad: i made sure the axles are as far as they’re going to go. i used the half shaft from my a1(ls tranny) and i was wondering if anybody knew if that is my problem. if i have to use the y1 half shaft. ive search but didnt fine what i was looking for. thanks :rockon:

check your mounts and the position of your motor. my front one bent and my left one was loose so i broke 3 driver side axles when making u-turns.

If you used your stock axles and intermediate shaft then your problem lays elsewhere. If you try to use the y1 intermediate shaft and your stock axles… then you will run into problems.

may i ask. why i would run into problems? what kind?

You need to match your axels with your intermediate shaft. I would just use your integra intermediate shaft and axels. That way whenever you snap one you can just go to advanced and get new ones. Also, with lsd it will feel like your car is wanting to bind/shake. I have a b16a crx w/ lsd with the same problem and was scared shitless. I called steve at H Motors and he told me that was perfectly normal for lsd equipped cars. Also, go get an alignment.

thats what i have a crx b16a lsd from h motors, but it doesn’t feel like it wants to bind/shake, it does! it so bad i dont think i could turn faster that 5 mph. what’s the difference between y1 and my ls half shaft? is the y1 shorter, different # of splines? id figure it out myself but its at my friends house 30 min. away, and i go to school and work. :sad:

Here’s the setup. 88 crx hf w/ b16a w/ y1 lsd. The car does shake. It feels like it’s binding. And it feels as if it wants to walk one way or another on the road. Steve said that it is perfectly normal w/ lsd. Also, make sure you are using gear oil for lsd transmissions. And that the car hasn’t been previously wrecked. That played a huge part in why the car acted as bad as it did at first. It was wrecked and had to get the frame aligned. HTH
Chris

The y1 intermediate shaft is a different length than the stock s1 shaft. So if you try to use the y1 int shaft w/ your stock axles the lengths won’t match up properly. I’d post a link showing the differences, but for some reason its dead now.

thanks for the input. i used honda mtf. im gonna check the axles again and make sure everything looks on friday, so ill keep you guys posted. i hope its not the lsd! :bawl: it sucks not having my teggy! :bawl: