my new hood scoop idea

hey guys im new to this forum but i got a great idea for the cold air in take
well ok if you buy a cold air intake when you install it ti sits under your hood like a little before the headlights welll why not cut a like 4in square hole in the hood then get sheet metal or carbon fiber ect ect ect make a scoop then install it over the hoile scoop facing the front then im not sure but like make a box out of metal around your cold air filter closed sides top fully open then get like a rubber seal like sticky on one side put it on the inside of the hood make sure to make it the same size shape as the hole under the hood and the top of the box you make anyone think this will work sound like a good idea anyone want to ad more please do thanks julian

umm this has been done before by a company producing a hood with a scoop right above the intake. also the box around the intake has been done before as well years back.

and a cold air intake places the filter outside of the engine bay, not inside. your thinking of a short ram.

and next time, please use some punctuation in your sentences if you want people to take your ideas seriously. if people can’t read or understand what your trying to say, you won’t get any feedback. also don’t post the same question in two different forums.

Wow, I got a headache just attempting to read that.

Somehow I understand your theory, and it will probably show some benefit.

But, would it be worth putting an ugly scoop on your hood, for the minimal gains? Probably not.

show me! you got skills if you do that. How tall would the scoop be?