Ignition Coil Wires

This is for the purpose of an MSD system: Is the Coil (-) which is suppossed to be white/black actually that color on the 92-93? I keep seeing pics of the 90-91 in all the illustrations. When I’m lloking at the distributor harness, I see a small grey socket with the black/yellow Coil (+) wire, but the other wire in that pair is solid blue.

I guess my question is: What is the solid blue wire for; and is the white/blue wire the one in the other harness (which has around 6 wires?)

Note: I know you are suppossed to take off the dist cap, rotor, and cover and all this will be clear, but I can’t get my rotor off and I’m considering tapping in at the harness juncture before the terminals to accomplish the same thing, and then change it all back later when I can get the darn rotor off.

to get the rotor off there is a screw holding it on. you have turn crank the engine untill you see the screw. its going to show on the back side (side closest to the firewall). its best to have a friend or someone crank the engine and you look at it until you see the screw. otherwise it will take longer. you dont need a frind to do it but it cuts time by like a third. its a small gold plated phillips screw

:up:
Thanks for the info, but the problem is that the screw after doing all that, won’t come off and it’s starting to strip. I’m going to take it to the mechanic and get him to take it off with the right tools.

In the meantime, I’m wanting to get this MSD hooked up, and I know you can tap in at the harness just as well as the terminals, so what is the solid blue wire for and if it is not the (-) coil wire, then why is it on the other harness?

Remember: 93 ‘OBD1’ (if I’ve read the OBDx posts right) distributor

Purpose of solid blue wire? anyone?

:bump:

i just installed a msd 6al

• is black yellow
  • is white/blue…i think yellow blue whatever is left lol

just wait to get the dam rotor off man,. lol

I suppose I will have to wait… I can’t seem to find out what the solid blue wire is for (even searched internet).

It just aggravates me that I have this 6al sitting here not being used when I could hook it up if I could only positively ID this solid blue wire. :blah: