Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crx muffler on integra???!??!

Collapse
X

crx muffler on integra???!??!

Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    crx muffler on integra???!??!

    i was wondering if anybody knew if a crx muffler would line up with an integra and vise-versa so let me know wassup i need to know asap
    thanx

    #2
    No they don't. The hangers are in different places.

    Comment


      #3
      u just need to cut and extend the pipe at the flange to make it fit. tip will sit further back.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Bone Stock
        u just need to cut and extend the pipe at the flange to make it fit. tip will sit further back.
        have you actually done this before? actually thats a stupid question, its obvious you have not.

        I took a stock Da axle back and installed it on an 88 crx. The hangers are differnet, and the length at after the muffler is different (VERY different). Its definitely possible to put a crx axle back on a DA, and vice versa, however its not a bolt on affair. It WILL require welding.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Colin
          have you actually done this before? actually thats a stupid question, its obvious you have not.

          I took a stock Da axle back and installed it on an 88 crx. The hangers are differnet, and the length at after the muffler is different (VERY different). Its definitely possible to put a crx axle back on a DA, and vice versa, however its not a bolt on affair. It WILL require welding.
          Have i actually done this? Yes, and your stupid for assuming i have not. What do you think i mean by cutting and extending the pipes? Cutting obviously requires welding afterwards. I have put a crx muffler on an integra, not vice versa, but positive it can be fabricated. Please think before you speak.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Bone Stock
            Have i actually done this? Yes, and your stupid for assuming i have not. What do you think i mean by cutting and extending the pipes? Cutting obviously requires welding afterwards. I have put a crx muffler on an integra, not vice versa, but positive it can be fabricated. Please think before you speak.
            I never said you didn't fab anything, and I never said you didn't weld anything.... in fact you made it quite obvious that something needed to be welded and/or fab'd. However, the fitment differences are NOT only due to the length of the section after the muffler as your post made it seem.

            It is NOT as simple as bolting the exhaust up to the stock b-pipe, hangers line up perfectly, and then shortening/lengthening the area after the muffler. That just plain old won't work. Maybe you can force the hangers to line up, and then the exhaust will hang crooked, but it will not hang like its supposed to.

            Now, with all of that said..... there is a small chance you are correct and I am correct. There are slightly different configurations of DA "axle-back" exhausts and there very well might be slightly different configurations of crx "axle back" exhausts. My situation was as follows:
            -stock 91 "axle back" portion of exhaust
            -stock 88 crx si
            -exhaust hangers had to be relocated AND section after muffler had to be shortened

            Comment


              #7
              Lol, youre funny.

              Anyways, i said it could be made to fit, didn't say it would line up perfect and fit like stock. And this goes for a crx muffler on an integra.

              Comment


                #8
                Watch out for another east coast e-thug

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Archon
                  Watch out for another east coast e-thug
                  wow, that was unnecessary

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X