ys1 tranny or vtec swap with tranny?

okay, recently i’ve been having tranny problems. i have a 90 gs with a s1 tranny in it. i am saving up for a used ys1 tranny but i don’t know if i should go ahead and get it if i’m planning on replacing the whole motor next year.i plan on swapping a b16 in and i don’t know if i should get the ys1 or just get the tranny that comes with the complete swap for the jdm b16. what should i do? is there a way to make the ys1 work with a b16 longblock? what would i need? i know i’ll need a new clutch from a 92-93 for the ys1. i just want to know what you guys think would be the best course of action for me. thanks in advance. oh, btw, i also have an exedy stage one clutch and fidanza flywheel installed on the stock set up. so any path that i can go where i will get to keep these is preferred. thanks again.

anyone?

if you think your current tranny will hold until you get the b16, then just wait and save the $. as far as the b16 swap goes, they all have short geared vtec transmissions. you dont need to buy a ys1 and install it on the b16. i dont see the point in waisting money on a different tranny when they both have short and very similar gearing.

or if you want/need to fix your problem now, just buy the ys1 and install it. when you get the b16 swap down the line, you can take off the tranny on the b16 (if you dont like it, it could be a ys1…) and sell that one then put the ys1 on the b16.
make sense? i’m not totally sure if i interpreted you question correctly :think: