bigger throttle body for the ls

is there a stock throttle body from a motor that will bolt to my ls that is bigger. what is the stock ls size throttle body. is a b20z throttle body any bigger and how much bigger.is it worth changing.

ITR is bigger

H22 and ITR are bigger, but only 62mm!

Send it to www.Maxbore.com and have it bored out for $100! Mine was done to 64mm!

Sweet! I’m putting that on my Xmas list :smiley:

Is there a noticeable gain with this mod? Are the aftermarket TBs bigger than 64-65mm? Is it better to do this or go aftermarket?

Tks

I think with your mods, all you need is a type ‘r’ style intake manifold. Unless you build your motor more you shouldn’t have problems with air starvation. Just poor flow. TB won’t help as much as IM.

b20z TB is 62mm

and it will cost a lot less than some ITR one

well if i get a new throttle body froma itr or a b20z the throttle body has a map sensor on it. would i use that map sensor or leave it ther and use mine on the fire wall or what do u guys thinks i should do

I think you should send it to Jorge at Maxbore.com. He is located in florida and has a one day turn around time! Also you can still use the sensors you are currently using now!

I’ll vouch for him that he does damn good work! He did my TB!

Im sure you can use either, but I use the one on my throttle body…Just unhooked the other one :wink: