92-93 Gs-R Ys1 gears into 92-93 Ls Ys1 transmission?

I was wondering if this can be done …ive heard of people actually putting 94+ gs-r gearing into 92-93 gs-r transmissions …and i thought if that can be done they why cant it be done with 92-93 gs-r and Ls transmissions…if anyone know if this can be done or knows of it being done please post any info you know of …like modifications if any that need to be done to the Ls transmission before the gear swap …this was just a thought that came into my head so i thought i would ask …

I tried it once to no avail. I don’t hink it will work. Something about the shaft not being big enough or the other way around.

people throw an LS 5th gear into the short-geared transmissions all the time so I assume the others go as well. I have no idea what is necessary for it to work.

works great. 92-up tranny parts are all compatable…pre-92 parts are all compatable.

yea see i figured it could be done becuase i have heard of people putting 92 Ls 5th gears into short geared trannys like 92-93 gs-r’s trannys …i think im going to look into doing this possibly with a JDM final in my Ls tranny …thanks for the help and info guys …:up: