4 puck or 6 puck??

i waz just wondering wich is better a 4 puck or a 6 puck clutch cuz im gonna get one tomorrow.

Better for what use exactly?

for drag and street race an for normal driving too. :burnout:

6 puck - sprung disc.

4 puck would be insane.

But it also matters, how much power are you putting out at the flywheel? If you just have basic bolt ons, or even cams, you don’t need much more clamping force than stock.

6 puck is less aggressive than 4 puck. im running a cm stage 5, 4puck unsprung. definitely overkill for the street, but tolerable. i was expect insanity, but its not that bad. if you focus, you can slip it smoothly, but normally i just lock it in and i like it in every gear (every brand of clutch kit is different though). im still stock with boltons but ill probably get a stage 4 next time when i boost. if you’re NA for street you should go with the 6puck or less.

Even for built N/a motors it’s overkill getting anything above stage 2. You’re just going to put more strain on the transmission.

full face is best. it will last the longest and you shouldnt need much more than a good full face with a heavy duty pressure plate. biggest thing is make sure the clutch is sprung tho. that makes the clutch ‘streetable.’

this is what i have on my motor…STAGE 2 PORT AND POLISH WITH STOCK INTERNALS ALONG WITH 99 LS CAMS FOR NOW WILL UPGRADE SOON, TYPE R PISTONS COLD AIR INTAKE AND AEM CAM GEARS. just to let ya know what i have and what to go with 4 or 6 puck???

act extreme PP with the street/strip disc is nice i wouldnt get into 6 or 4 pucks untill your running a fully built N/A or turbo motor …and pushing decent power …that just m opinion though …

the clutches should have whp ratings for each stage, and you should be under 200whp so a stage 2-3 is already adequate. pucks are for 250whp and beyond. check the manufacturer spec to be sure.

so a stage 2 or 3 cluch will be best for now and 4 and 6 puck till i get at least over 200 whp right?

Get a Exedy Cerametallic Clutch, its a 3 puck but its sprung so its not quite as heavy as a full race clutch. We put one in a boosted hatch and are happy with it. In fact, my next clutch will be one, I went through the Exedy Organic in 8 months with mild upgrades on my teg :-(.

If you spend any time at the drags or you are hard on your car daily :clap: you will eat through a full face in no time. I’m at the end of my second already (8 months each).

Chunk

ya but like he said, depends on your driving. the pucks can not only handle more whp but heat as well. if you drive very hard, slip it a lot, launch, drag, track, etc. then a stage 4 might suit you. my friend has a clutchmasters stage 4 on his type r and says its perfect for him and doesn’t chatter… i drove it a long time ago and it just seemed really sensitive, no chatter at the time.