am i suppose to use all the parts included for my AEM SRI?

i just installed my AEM short ram intake, and i have a couple parts left. am i suppose to have these left? I have 1 black connector hose, 1 hose clamp, and the rubber mount thing. TIA
:rockon:

unless you like your intake shaking around and disrupting the air flow, install the rubber mount. it tells you how in the instructions included with the intake.

it would also help to include a picture of how your intake installed on your car so we can see why you have parts left over.

yeah i tried looking for the hole in the fender well but i just cant seem to find it!
plz help… thx

take a picture of where the bracket is on the intake arm. i’m not sure where its supposed to be mounted. on my aem cai, the bracket would be in a different spot.

ok BRB

Behind AEM logo

Side view

This is where its sitting on right now

in the 3rd pic, you see that gold bolt right above the big wire loom? take that bolt off, try screwing the mount onto there, and adjust your intake so the bracket can go on the mount. REMEMBER it goes mount-intake bracket-washer on top of bracket-bolt.

give that a shot, if that doesn’t work, i have no clue. cause that the only place where it seem it would bolt to.

ok thanks for the help
i’ll be back! :rockon:

im all confused here, as i cant find any photo of the aem short ram and aem cold air intakes … the short ram goes all the way where the old intake box was and the cold air drops through the bottom of the <used to be> air box? can anyone post a photo of a short ram, and one of a cai? because i thought short rams were like 1’ long

short ram intakes places the filter where the stock air box is located right next to the battery. cold air intakes places the filter where the intake resonator is located behind the bumper.

now we’re talking! thanks for your answer, because even aem cannot put a picture of the damn thing on their site (how lame…) now I can go and buy my short ram :slight_smile: