b16b to DA6

hi, ive just bought a type R civic motor, gearbox, mounts, ecu, and all the other extras needed for this converision. please dnt ask me how i got this motor because ive been asked a hundred times before :think: just say im a lucky guy :nobody:

anyway, ive found out that i need to convert my S1 box to S80, mines cable and the other is hydro, to do this i will have to convert it to hydro.
any facts i should know?

I was told the motor should bolt up, since my car is b16a1(160hp), JDM integra xsi 1989, using the civic type R mounts.

Now the wiring is the hard bit, now my car is OBD0, and is it possible i can convert that to a OBD2 since type R civics use it? or will i have to rewire the car with the civic tpye R loom?
Also any other points to doing the wiring in the engine bay?

for questions that have been asked… yes i want to do the whole setup, not just the engine but gearbox, ecu etc

Since you’re such a lucky guy, figure out how to use the seach button since all these questions have been asked a million times.

i was told i should just chip my current ECU to suit civic type R, meaning 9000rpm redline, a different fuel mapping to run more gas etc. Is this true?

also, what do i have to do about the o2 sensors? since my loom and computer will be OBD0, what do I about the sensors?

Yes you can just chip ur ecu, and use ur existing o2 sensor and distributor… :bang: Also not to pour cold water on your project, more like a heads up. My friend put the b16b on his 96 Civic with the s80 +LSD tranny. Wasn’t that quick at all, took him out easy with an Ls/Vtec.

1 last thing… :search:

lol yep ive searched quite a bit, posted in other other forums too.
was wondering if people had a different way of doing things here.

ive posted it in the nzhondas forum, anyway. thanks for that riceman