b18c It-R?? will it be hard??

ok guys… i have a very funny feeling i bent a valve the other day. Since winter is aproaching, i have garaged my g2. So i got to thinking, if i am gonna fix my head, why not get a better head? Then that thought lead to the idea of…if i get a better head…i am gonna want to rebuild my entire motor, over the winter, to be ready for some serious streetfighting in the summer…then i realized “WOW, for the money i want to drop in my b18a ($5000 at most), i can buy a b18c it-r 99+ 210 HP JDM Motor!!!”

But heres the problem

I am mechanically inclined and have never swapped a motor, I am quite sure of myself as it does not appear to be hard, and i also have friends to help, but…we are very unsure of the whole ecu thing…is this a realistic project?? will it be very difficult to get this running ok since it is an OBD II engine???
Also being a b18 block…will i require special motor mounts?? I have not found any info on this, or a write up…if this is a riddiculous idea…would a b18c GSR be a better choice…and is that difficult???..

Thanx in advance, your comments will probably make this project a reality

they are easily converted to any obd you want to use. Realistic? Hell yeah. just have to figure out what you want to do about the hydro tranny situation.

Ben

Very realisti…I currently have a B18c-r in my car as we speak…it’s fuckin awesome and I love the sound of these motors. I’m currently running hondata w/ a p28 ecu…I say go for it…well worth it. :wink:

ok but what do u do about the hydro gearbox
i have a s80 LSD and want to run it in my da6
everyone says its way to hard to convert the car to hydro!
I want to use this LSD and i have also been told its alot of work to get it to fit a YS1

if u could tell me any knowledge that is out of the ordinare …problems i may run into and solutions…it would be a great help…thanks

since it hasen’t been mentioned yet…

http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/engine/Engine_Swap_Guide.doc

i asked this question. and nobody had an answer for my poor 90-91 ass. it will be hard to convert to obd-II since there is no kits like that for 90-91. you can use the b18c with a obd-I setup, and run hondata, but for a person like me in california it will be hard to smog it.

although if youre already obd-I the swap requires a new tranny mount, a clutch master cylinder, a conversion harness.

the motor swap guide suggests getting a OBD-0 ECU and chipping it to B18CR specs.

Armed Ferrat I think converted his car to hydro…not w/ an adapter but he got the parts from a 3rd gen integra and put it into his 2nd gen integra…very possible and easy to do…he did a write up on…search

how did u do your hydraulic ONE-R???

I didnt do a hydralic conversion…I currently had a b17 (which is being worked on) in my car, and I just used the ys1 short geared tranny for my type-r…bolted right up and i was still able to use my previous flywheel and clutch.

if you got money, it can happen…

being hard, if your up to challenging things, it’ll be fun for you… :slight_smile:
you may get headaches every now and then, but you can pull through…

yes, i did have a hydro clutch (master cylinder and all) in my car. the slave was leaky and it was gonna end up bein more trouble than it was worth so i swapped the internals to the cable case and went back to that. i would highly recommend that over a hydro swap. less labor-intensive and a tidge more sleeper :wink: