skunk2 v blox intake manifold

does anyone know what intake manifold is better the skunk2 or the blox intake manifold for the ls. what one has a better finish so i can polish it and what has better performance. i hear people say blox is better all the way around. so has anyone used both or tried eather one. has anyone done a dyno pull on a ls first and then do a pull with eather intake manifold. what was the gain on the ls buy changing the manifold. :gotrice:

no one on this sight has tried one of these intake manifolds or has one on there car.

they’re pretty new aren’t they? i’d say the chances are pretty slim for now.

whether the differences are smooth interior vs. slightly rougher interior, or 10mm difference in runner length or 8mm in runner thickness, they will both yield extremely similar power curves. the difference is not worth asking the question. if you really need a good answer, just buy the cheaper of the 2. trust me on this one. s2 & blox (w.i) are just bootlegged itr manifolds. yeah, there might be differences, but, don’t get fooled by the :bs:

I have a Skunk2 on my ls and I like it and got some gain. It is a copy of a ITR man. to.

For the non VTEC engine…either one. The engine doesnt revv high enough to see results in the top end.

Not really there are some non-vtecs that make power to 8600rpms

is the blox IM made for an ls? the skunk2 is designed for high-rpm operation (usually vtec). if you put a skunk2 IM on an ls you could actually lose hp. there was a thread on t-i where the guy had the dyno sheets and everything. it basically depends on your whole setup. if you go with a skunk2 IM you better get a higher flowing head, shorter geared tranny to take advantage ect. ect.

skunk is carb legal. go with that.

real results= raise compression x skunk manifold

this is a fact. my boy put an s2 im on his ls and that shit was slow. he lost i’d say, 10ft/lbs of torque in the low-midrange. just port the existing pr4 intake manifold and keep the revs down and you’ll be fine.

An-r.com Has The Blox Intake Manifolds On Sale For 180 Shipped