USDM or JDM tranny?

Do I have a JDM S1 tranny, I was told thats what it is, but I want to make sure I didn;t get ripped off. How to I Know if I have a USDM or a JDM S1 tranny, Yes I have searched! :cross: :naughty:

How high are your rpm’s? My S1 tranny will be at 4500rpm’s about 70mph in 5th gear.

It’s in my trunk. I want to know, that way I can get a refund if it isn’t. I am doing a 5spd conversion.

I dont know of any differences except the sticker, which I assume is not there.

THE Sticker is there, Tell me how to tell if it’s the real deal!! I need to know!!! I guess I need to :chill:

You can A) Take it apart and inspect the internals, or B) Install it and road test it. Other than that… you’re outta luck in figuring out which it is.

Im afraid he’s right. :shrug: Unless you have knowledge of the diff between the inside of an A1 and an S1, you will have to install it.

bUT i HAVE TO BE ABLE TO TELL BY THE STICKER!! It says S1, and is gold, and has the serial number.

Unless someone replaced the sticker, you have an S1 tranny. :chill:

JDM or USDM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

dude, you’ve already got your answer… yeah, its not the answer you were hoping for, but its the correct one. No one can tell you based on “s1”. No one can tell you based on the color of the sticker. And no one can tell you based on the serial #.

well, Honda probably could based on the serial, if someone could talk them into it or hack their database.

Calm down man. Buying an S1 tranny is always a risk, unless you can drive it before buying. There is NO WAY of telling the difference between the usdm/jdm unless you count teeth or drive it. Period.

I don’t even think dealers have the capability to tell you. There may be some records that honda kept somewhere… but I wouldn’t even consider this as an option.

take it to a CSI…have them test the road grime and they’ll tell you if its JDM dirt or USDM dirt

:rofl: At this point that might be the best option. :giggle:

Come on guys, let me know.

YOU’VE BEEN GIVEN YOUR ANSWER, multiple times now. You can’t possibly be that ignorant.