Cam gears? which ones?

well, I’m just curious what cam gears everyone is running

I know this soudns retarded but I want gold/bronze cam gears when I put my crower cams in… I just want it to look nice

I know a lot of people say skunk2, and AEM is crap

does anyone have Buddy Club cam gears? Jun, toda, spoon?

any comments?

I think g2guru has some bronze toda cam gears

I haven’t heard about skunk2 being crap, but I’m using them. (in silver)

I’ve never had problems with AEM gears. Use better bolts with lockwashers, and torque them. I blame problems peolple have with them on user error as opposed to flaws in the design.

]

what I meant was S2 was good… AEM = crap

look into golden eagle for some bronze cam gears

Can’t go wrong with Toda or Spoon (same as Toda). I’m not a big fan of Skunk 2 cam gears (too many bolts and in 2 degree incriments), AEM is good… but Toda has my vote hands down.

i heard that you can pickup the toda’s for 280 from another g2ic member. is this true?

http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_31_82&products_id=94&osCsid=a58d1df833f375c661d4c6598407d5a5

Evasivemotorsports is selling Buddy Club cam gears for 150 a set.

but toda is more bling…im doin toda belt and gears with bc4 cams. i like bc but those toda gears are soooo sexy.

I just picked up the Fidanza’s for $160 shipped, decent deal.

i like the Skunk2 …but i hear good things about the Toda gears also …

id take bc’s over s2’s if i was getting a cheaper set. but the toda’s are jdm bling y0.

the buddy clubs we saw sucked, no marks at all for timing or adjusting

My friend has used aem’s on a 500 hp civic and a 6-700 hp integra and has no problems with them

I got the Spoon cam gears. They are good but i never used any other brands so i guess i just trust the spoon name.

doesnt spoon use half of the stock gear?

I have unorthodox gears on my del Sol and haven’t had a problem at all.