Cam gears? which ones?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam gears? which ones?

well, I'm just curious what cam gears everyone is running

I know this soudns retarded but I want gold/bronze cam gears when I put my crower cams in... I just want it to look nice

I know a lot of people say skunk2, and AEM is crap

does anyone have Buddy Club cam gears? Jun, toda, spoon?

any comments?

I think g2guru has some bronze toda cam gears

Comment

I haven't heard about skunk2 being crap, but I'm using them. (in silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Eclypz
        I've never had problems with AEM gears. Use better bolts with lockwashers, and torque them. I blame problems peolple have with them on user error as opposed to flaws in the design.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclypz
          ]

what I meant was S2 was good.... AEM = crap

Comment

look into golden eagle for some bronze cam gears

Comment

Can't go wrong with Toda or Spoon (same as Toda). I'm not a big fan of Skunk 2 cam gears (too many bolts and in 2 degree incriments), AEM is good... but Toda has my vote hands down.

Comment

i heard that you can pickup the toda's for 280 from another g2ic member. is this true?

Comment

http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/produc...d4c6598407d5a5

Comment

Originally posted by KraZEtEggIE
                    i heard that you can pickup the toda's for 280 from another g2ic member. is this true?

Evasivemotorsports is selling Buddy Club cam gears for 150 a set.

Comment

but toda is more bling......im doin toda belt and gears with bc4 cams. i like bc but those toda gears are soooo sexy.

Comment

I just picked up the Fidanza's for $160 shipped, decent deal.

Comment

i like the Skunk2 ...but i hear good things about the Toda gears also ...

Comment

id take bc's over s2's if i was getting a cheaper set. but the toda's are jdm bling y0.

Comment

Originally posted by 2NDGENTEG
                              Evasivemotorsports is selling Buddy Club cam gears for 150 a set.

the buddy clubs we saw sucked, no marks at all for timing or adjusting

Comment

My friend has used aem's on a 500 hp civic and a 6-700 hp integra and has no problems with them

Comment

Originally posted by SOL1D
                                  the buddy clubs we saw sucked, no marks at all for timing or adjusting

Comment

I got the Spoon cam gears. They are good but i never used any other brands so i guess i just trust the spoon name.

Comment

doesnt spoon use half of the stock gear?

Comment

I have unorthodox gears on my del Sol and haven't had a problem at all.

Comment

The gen 1 Spoon cam gears used the stock outer gear. But the new gen 2 ones are just like the gen 2 toda gears pictured above, only they say SPOON on them.

Comment

Originally posted by KraZEtEggIE

thats good, the ones we got must have been the very first lol

Comment

Spoon Gen2 cam gears

Comment

I have heard ST Corosa are the only Cam Gears with a 'no slip' guarantee...

http://www.hogens.com/showpart.php?id=005

Comment

Maybe it's just because I only slept 4 hours, but it looks like you have to disassemble those gears to change the setting, or at least to make use of the marks, since I don't see marks in the outer part of the gear for each timing setting.

wonder if the gear is balanced also, since that screw is on one side.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X