are these turbo kits even worth looking at??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7927554820&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores

For the price, I really don’t see how you could go wrong on this. W/ a Turbonetics snail, then just ditch their crappy filter for a K&N, what would be a downfall to a turbo kit at this price? crappy welds on the manifold? could you get the kit & just have the welds reinforced?

Heres what I see:

SSAutochrome manifold, yea you can prolly brace it
No intercooler
No guages, EGT, Boost etc.
Generic wastegate - can you say “boost creep”
No fuel/engine management

So you are easily over 2.5k with a crappy manifold and questionable wastegate. I’m buying my parts to Turbo my TEG now and getting all new, exactly what I want parts only comes to 2.5k. I’m gonna be considerably under that cost getting used Mani, guages, wastegate & boost controller.

I don’t think its that great of a deal, FYI, If you are looking for cheap turbo kits to get you started the SSAutochrome “kit” is only $700, but I’d put it together yourself.

Chunk

thanx for the info!

I like how they list the BOV as stage 5

Hahah. Stage 5, nucka!

hey, so we established that the kit sucks. But what caught my eye is that it said the header allowed you to keep AC and PS. I really want to keep both of mine, and it seems real hard to do that. That’s the major thing that has kept me from making up my mind 100% on going turbo w/ the B18a.

anyhow, I’m a long time away from even beginnig to the piecing of my kit.