X

front crash bar modifying for fmic?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front crash bar modifying for fmic?

i was wondering if anyone has pics of what to cut and what to leave so the bumper still has mounting points??i plan on useing a big intercooler but not sure on what to cut?pics would be great or any info thx....

i'd say it mostly depends on how big of a front mount you're using, if can i'd try getting a jdm support

Comment

had to cut mine alot. Pretty much the only thing that was left was the corners and a few inches in the front. You really have to mock up your intercooler with your support and mark how much you have to cut out.

Comment

there's no specific diagram for this. you'll have to mount your intercooler and cut your bumper support until it fits leaving the most material possible.

Comment

jdm bumper support is great for fmic, but cor crash safety its a bad joke.
          you can bend it with ur bare hands no joke!

Comment

I actually took the front bar off the car when i first installed my turbo kit about 10 years ago....the cooler blocked alot of the rad and needed to get air to it..... i still used the 2 screws on either side of the bumper and just fabbed up a mounting bracket in the center.... bumper still lines up prety well!

Comment

Working...
            X