What type of piping is this?

Hello there ladies/gents. For a couple years now I been driving around on what I have everyone thinking is a factory LS and since my area is heavy on 1/8th mile drags I’ve always been good against VTEC powered cars, although hatches have been most difficult for my DB1 to overcome. So in the next year or so I’m going to start looking into turbo for most all companies have been hitting me hard like Mazda, Chevy, and even that god dam new Hyundai got my ass. So now onto the point I understand all the intercooler piping issues our cars have and will be making my own pieced together stuff and really enjoy this intercooler piping and how clean the welds are. Does anyone know what type of piping they are using? I’m also going to message the guy but in case he doesn’t respond I figured I’d ask.

1_G_001.sized.jpg

2_G_001.sized.jpg

Tchleung.jpg

x2 i would like to know also?

That’s a custom turbo piping from forum member Tchleung… I believe his friend was the one that fabricated those piping… you won’t find those in stores.

People have requested his friend to fab some more but I think he said something about his friend being hella busy.

Why not just get the ones from the groupbuy?
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196552

Or from these guys:
http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/go90inchpiki.html

It’s just stainless steel

Well I didn’t want to go turbo so I figured I’d just stay N/A but all the auto manufactures’ are resorting to forced induction for more power with better gas mileage. My piping will all be custom since I’m not actually using a 90-93 DA chassis for my swap. I’m actually going to be using an 89 DA chassis. Just thought that looked cool but I found somewhere else that SS piping isn’t a very good choice cause of how much heat it soaks compared to aluminum piping. Any suggestions or opinions welcome. Turbo stuff is all knowledge to me I’ve never actually built a turbo car yet just motor swaps and cams and such.

i have stainless piping also but why i really dont know now that i think of it. aluminum resist heat better and its cheaper. but stainless looks balling!

Actually aluminum conducts heat much better than stainless steel so stainless steel would be better for this application.

So whats better SS or Alum? Still confused! LOL!

SS is better, it is more “heat resistant” compared to aluminum. And I think its badass you are using an 89 chassis! I’ve always wanted to build a first gen.

hell ya i wanted to keep the d16 in it but parts are far and few and im trying to get this done before the mounts and suspension parts also become dam near impossible to find

well ill be going with SS if anyone objects or feels there is a better route to take just let me know again ANY help is appreciated