LS Turbo Build on a Budget... Seeking Advice/Suggestions

Hey everyone I have recently decided to go LS turbo and now I need some feedback. I want to hit 300whp if possible. This will not be my daily driver once the build starts so I will have time to get everything together and put it all together. This is going to be my first build. My budget is around $2000 (possibly more depending on how much I can justify spending), I feel I can do a lot with this much and this is where all of you can share your knowledge and experience with me. I am going to get new pistons, rods, and rod bolts for the block. Could I support 300whp with just these things in the block? What else should I do? Also I will be rebuilding the head (valve train, cams, cam gears,) what should I go with? And last, the turbo. I am considering the gt28rs but do you think that is too small for my goal? I am basically just looking to see what there is to be said about LS-T builds, the parts involved (whats good, whats bad), and your experiences with such builds and parts. Any and all input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Trevor

[QUOTE=triskpin;2074933]Hey everyone I have recently decided to go LS turbo and now I need some feedback. I want to hit 300whp if possible. This will not be my daily driver once the build starts so I will have time to get everything together and put it all together. This is going to be my first build. My budget is around $2000 (possibly more depending on how much I can justify spending), I feel I can do a lot with this much and this is where all of you can share your knowledge and experience with me. I am going to get new pistons, rods, and rod bolts for the block. Could I support 300whp with just these things in the block? What else should I do? Also I will be rebuilding the head (valve train, cams, cam gears,) what should I go with? And last, the turbo. I am considering the gt28rs but do you think that is too small for my goal? I am basically just looking to see what there is to be said about LS-T builds, the parts involved (whats good, whats bad), and your experiences with such builds and parts. Any and all input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Trevor[/QUOTE]

you already broke your budget of 2g’s just in block and head work and that gtrs.

You can hit 300whp on a stock block its been done fuck I hit 325whp on my last one spent around 1500 on my home made kit.

i USED a td05hr from a evo8 and a modded evo8 turbo manifold still have the manifold need to sale it.

how long did that motor hold up with stock block?

its still kicking just not boosted anymore

What was your compression looking like when you strapped on the turbo?

boost on a budget

my b18a made 265 on a home made kit and its still boosted tuned on turboedit lol got my kit for 800 bucks

I have another question. If I just got ARP rod bolts and head studs, assuming everything else is in proper working condition, what kind of power do you think I could make (with turbo) before reaching the limits of the stock motor?

you have to remove the rods just to be able to switch out the bolts, so if your gonna do that you might as well build the whole thing