t70 to big? plz!

i have a source that can get me a t70 cheap will this be way to big?
i have a stock ls trying to do this on a budget as im a poor college kid

[QUOTE=njxfallsxin;2064910]i have a source that can get me a t70 cheap will this be way to big?
i have a stock ls trying to do this on a budget as im a poor college kid[/QUOTE]

if it is, get it, sell it, buy smaller and some other stuff too

hmmm it says it covers from a 1.8 to 3.0 liter engines? i think ill go for it

all turbo’s say that. doesn’t mean it’ll be good for your application.

it would work BUT you’re powerband will be like 6-10000 rpms or so it’ll take a while before it starts to spool.

just an example most 800+ hp supras out there are running only a T60

BWHAAA. I already see this being an epic fail. You might need to do ALOT more research. t70 lulz…

i got a t-70 on my teg, but im runing a vtec motor reving to 9500rpm… i dont see much boost under 5500rpm… i wouldnt recommend it on an LS motor… and unless you wanna make 700+ hp its a lil over kill… much more streetable turbos out there!!!

njxfallsxin, I think you’ve gotten your answer…yes?

yeah i got a free turbo from a friend its a garret idk anything about it haha but cant beat free right?

make sure the shaft has no play and that everything spins well, also befor eyou mount it check to make sure that oil passes through it well and that it comes out clean.

wobbly shafts and cooked oil in your turbo will cause oil viscosity issues and potentially send peices of turbocharger into your engine when the compressor wheel explodes.

haha im not close to that stage yet but its in the work check later ill posts some pics maybe you can help

T70’s are only good on vtec motors unless you build the motor to rev out

:gtfo: gonna lag like dialup and by the time you get what u want…it’s to late, time to move on to the next gear …my 2 cents… uless ur gonna rev 8700+

had a t3 and now t3t4 with big wheel. whish i have something even smaller than the first one, i miss the early torque.