gt35 on ls w/ stock redline

im wondering if the gt35 turbo will be to big for my ls, the redline will be stock but i will have arp rod bolts, arp headstuds…head will be stock maybe a port and polish and i also have a blox IM w/ hondata gasket…

hks bov
tial waste gate
jrc 8" intercooler
2.5" piping
3’’ down pipe w/ 3’’ turbo back exhaust
tuned on crome

goals are mid to low 12’s with slicks…but i was also wondering if i should put forged cp pistons in while i have the motor apart too?

probably have to keep the psi down, and i’m guessing to really get anything out of that turbo you might have to stretch to just 7500-8k.
but also trim and a/r specs make a difference as well, but that is a bigg turbo and will push some some cfm’s so depending on how much power you want to push or what you have built on the engine (hp limits) will determine the psi level of course, basically saying you might want to upgrade internals with that turbo. you’d definitely have room to grow with it

[QUOTE=derek21;2057079]im wondering if the gt35 turbo will be to big for my ls, the redline will be stock but i will have arp rod bolts, arp headstuds…head will be stock maybe a port and polish and i also have a blox IM w/ hondata gasket…

hks bov
tial waste gate
jrc 8" intercooler
2.5" piping
3’’ down pipe w/ 3’’ turbo back exhaust
tuned on crome

goals are mid to low 12’s with slicks…but i was also wondering if i should put forged cp pistons in while i have the motor apart too?[/QUOTE]

mid to low 12’s? your going to need some serious bottom end building with an ls motor. its gonna take upper 300’s low 400’s to get that number. you might be able to hit 12.5 with 350, but only if your an awesome driver. second of all, with that big of a turbo, you won’t be running 12’s on stock internals because the turbo won’t spool untill 5, 5500 k rpms, so you need to raise your rev limit to 8k at least. i’ll let you know on saturday how i do, i have a fully built lsvtec i’m running at the track, we are guessing its around 400 hp on 18psi. i’m hoping to break 11’s, but i’ll let you know

id build the block and head if your planning on using a gt35. i ran a gt2871r on a stock ls with 300whp 292ft-lbs for a year and ran low 13’s on street tires. full boost (18psi) at 3800rpm. with slicks it was for sure capable of mid 12’s no problem. best 60 foot was 2.3 there was just no traction at all.

so maybe a gt28 or 30 would be best for stock internals with arp rod bolts and arp headstuds…was also thinkin of gettin some cp 9:8.1 pistons and eagle rods?