turbo stock motor minimum requirements

Hey yall I have decided I want to turbo my stock b18a1 in my 92 gs integra. I am planning on running 6-8 psi. I am kind of a noob when it comes to turbocharging but I am learning a lot as I research and read. I know that I can run a turbo on a completely stock motor but if it was a little bit better than stock what parts should be upgraded first? I want to make somewhere in the range of 180-200 whp. What would you guys recommend? Of course I plan on doing compression and leak down tests and I would like to get a new headgasket and ARP headstuds at the bare minimum before I turbo my car. Besides these things and all the turbo parts what else should I do to hit my power goal?

180 to 200, stock motor is fine. but for simple upgrades, arp rod bolts as well as the head studs should keep the motor together better. 8lbs on a t3/t4 will give you over 200

new oem head gasket heads studs thats pretty much it if your looking for 180 to 200 look at a T25 set up. someone on here is selling theres

when i was boosted i put down 325whp on a stock b18a with a ported intake.

My ARP’s studs are for sale less then 100 miles on them

dont mean for this to sound stupid…325whp and nothing internally done to the motor? what kind of psi were you pushing also

it was at 19 or 20 psi but that has nothing to do with it i’ll look or the sheet. I ran a small turbo tdo5hr 16g. could have made the same with less boost with a t3/t4 but with more lag.

nothing at all just head studs oem HG and ported intake. Ls’s are known to put down 300+whp on a stock block thats the limit for some. mine would still be going if the oil pump didnt take a shit due to being clogged up

oh yea it made 299wtq :rockon:

damn thats not to bad. might rethink my plans hahaha

300 is risky on stock internals on a b18a/b block, but not unrealistic. if its a good motor with descent mile (under 150k) then your pretty ok. the only other thing to consider would be arp rod bolts and your really fine. thats the first thing to go, head gasket and spinnin bearings. as far as a t25, thats a tiny turbo that is pretty much maxed out around 300hp, so if thats your long term goal, than stick with that, but if you want to upgrade internals later on, go with a t3/t4

i made 300whp 292lbs/tq at 18psi with a gt28. only mods were arp headstuds and a new oem head gasket.

at 200hp i wouldnt touch a thing just slap the turbo on there. buuut headgasket and arp head studs are definitely a good thing to do either way.