my boosted b20b build

here are some pics off my b20 build decided to go with a jdm b20b from tigerjapanese installed golden eagle bock guard since if read about the weak walls on the b20 currently installed in the car just waiting on ecu enjoy

Such an easy swap and turbo setup.

Looking good!

finally someone goin thru with this setup keep the updates comin startup, tune, numbers…ect im thinking about doin this too. are you getting rid of you ac and power steering to make room?

wow that was a lot of anti-seize on them head studs. a bit of overkill. but i guess.

not bad. that block guard isn’t going to help u much tho. especially since the its the design of the cylinder walls thats the issue. many have boosted on a b20 block, but if it does give and crack… will all this time and work be worth it?

the block guard only protects and reinforces the other cylinder walls, not the ones that are in between cylinders. thats where the cracking occurs. and if it does break it goes into the next cylinder… and from there even more happens. might end up breaking more than just the block, it can damage the valves and the head too.

yeah i already had eliminated my ac and power steering i had a boosted b18b before this one

[QUOTE=Squeezethis;2041821]wow that was a lot of anti-seize on them head studs. a bit of overkill. but i guess.
[/QUOTE]

thats not anti seize. its the arp moly lube. if someone puts anti seize on headstuds, they should be shot.

thats why tuning is important well see what the outcome is when its all said and done i wanna put the speculation and hearsay about all the thin wall talk to rest. ive heard they crack cause theyre thin, cause of their design, cause of detonation whatever but ive never seen anyone do it and get it tuned properly. so until that day comes its all hearsay he said she said

exactly my buddy is running a b20 block with b16 head for about 2 years now properly tuned and no problems all it is a good tune

My boosted b20b was great :slight_smile: this build brings back memories.

why are you using adjustable cam gears with stock cams?

whats really good with an update

coming soon have to upload the pics got it running today boosting 8 pounds to break the motor in will post pics soon

i’ve heard some really bad things about block guards so be careful. looks like a sick build though, ill be watching closely.

what kind of crank damper is that?

the belt i bought was to big so i went with the stock crank pulley that was an aftermarket pulley my buddy sold me but i heard the stock pulleys do the same thing