no start after gas

i have a 90 integra ls boosted. it has a xenocron fuel pump, this is the second time this had happened. i put gas in, drive somehwere, then try to start the car again and it wont start. i dont hear to pump priming.i take out my fuel pump and there seems to be no aparent problem, i just double check all the connetions. put it back in and it starts right up with no problem? Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Mfr.

yea this was a thought, but it only happens after i get gas, how would that affect it?

:iagree: oh wait. my bad. i didn’t read the entire original post. double check all the pins to ur connectors. i’ve had this issue b4 on an accord from my school. it wouldn’t start unless u disconnected the fuel pump then plugged it back in. one of the pins was slightly bent/loose. doing the resistance checks along the connectors proved it was like barely out of spec or whatever.

try putting some die-electric grease within the connectors to help the connection. and also…lemme get this right… whenever ur car doesn’t start when u are about and about after getting gas… u go back there and drop the tank? and get to the fuel pump? if anything try checking ur service connectors under the back seat. look for a slight break in the wiring or some excessive resistance issues.

Hey Im from ATX as well, what part of Austin you from? I had a similar problem when I installed my fuel pump (also from xenocron). I always had to keep my foot on the gas during driving or not it will die on me, happened me once in middle of traffic lol. Anyways it turned out to be my fuel pressure it was like 20psi. If you don’t have one I suggest getting Adjustable FPR.

well i got tired of all my fuel pump isues and idk how many times ive had to drop the tank, so i cut an access panel. makes it just a few min job now. and i crimped the connections on the pump, they all seem secure, i never have any fuel issues while driving. just when trying to start. i should go back and solder them though, also the black clip the fuel pump came with gave me problems because the wires came loose, so i pulled it and crimped on some female adapters to go on the spades on the pump.

And im in south austin. mainly the slaughter/mopac area.

[QUOTE=Last_Resort_DA;2038354]well i got tired of all my fuel pump isues and idk how many times ive had to drop the tank, so i cut an access panel. makes it just a few min job now. and i crimped the connections on the pump, they all seem secure, i never have any fuel issues while driving. just when trying to start. i should go back and solder them though, also the black clip the fuel pump came with gave me problems because the wires came loose, so i pulled it and crimped on some female adapters to go on the spades on the pump.

And im in south austin. mainly the slaughter/mopac area.[/QUOTE]

yea u definitely should solder those. crimps can put a bit of resistance compared to soldered connections. sometimes u can loose as much as 0.5v thru a crimp. average is like 0.1-0.2v… which is a lot when dealing with cars that are ran by resistance values and stuff. that kind of difference on a tps, injector or o2 sensor can mean the difference between working and not working.