Identify this part...

Maybe a newb question but i was wondering what the four lines coming from the valve cover going into the tank on the firewall are for? It looks like a catch can of some sort but i really dont know.

its a catch can there should be two more coming out the block in the back

x2… it is a catch can.

two out the block? isnt there only one pcv valve back there? And is this necessary for high power or something? I see it a lot on 300+hp cars.

yes two one for the black box and theirs another spot back there I think. yes its used on turbo set ups.

I just have my valve cover done on mine

the pcv valve and black box is removed when your turbo and the hole is blocked up. theres a whole about 2" higher and one about 6" to the side of that one and thats where you vent the block.

That engine bay is beautiful.

where does the vacuum come from to vent the block and valve cover to the catch can?

when your turbo usually you use a vented catch can with air filters on the can. on this particular setup im not sure if its vented or a closed system since it looks custom. if you use a closed setup then you need to tap in your pipe before it enters the turbo so that you dont boost into the can. not sure if that answers your question.

Yeah i got it now. Thx

theyre rockin a G2IC sticker, i wonder if the owner ever posts.

yeah he does. Here is where i seen this pic. He posted it. http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184879&highlight=drag+suspension

i ain’t very knowledgeable on turbos or even vtec rides…but i’ve seen this done b4. and what i have to ask is… the 2 fittings in the front of the valve cover are made in locations where there isnt any baffling correct? cuz i’ve inspected the gsr valve cover of one i have sitting at my shop… and that far down on the valve cover does not have baffling. if thats the case, what is the point considering it can be sucking up oil. its suppose to be a breather in a sense to ventilate pressures up there, but oil gets splashed around on purpose in those areas. and the baffled portions of the valve cover is where the pressure/air go… so isn’t that were most air would be and that is where u’d wanna install a catch can?

thats not a gsr head and im not sure about the gsr but i know the b16/type-r has baffles there. my fittings are in the exact same area.

Hydraulic clutch?

actually it is a gsr head look at the location of the top waterneck… [QUOTE=redtegra;2037578]thats not a gsr head and im not sure about the gsr but i know the b16/type-r has baffles there. my fittings are in the exact same area.[/QUOTE]

x2

Most elaborate catch can setups like that one have a return line. It’s usually on the bottom of the can, and it’s tee’d into one of the lines coming from the back of the block.

The stock PCV system is designed to pull blow-by gases out of the crankcase, correct? Well when you introduce positive pressure, you have to completely separate the crankcase so that it isn’t pressurized along with the manifold. Since it’s all alone, you can’t just seal it up, because it needs to “breathe”, or release pressure/vapors during high rpm situations. Those places on the valve cover don’t see a significant amount of standing oil, which would overfill a can of that size.

It’s a GSR Bottom End with a Type R Head. Link is below

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184879&highlight=drag+suspension

Built 2.0L GSR block, Built ITR Head
Top Mount manifold
GT35R
28psi in 3+ Gears