New rebuild, cel6

K, i juzt rebuilt my motor do to bad wastegate/shot rings, my buult now sits at wiseco 8.5:1 pistons, eagle h-beam rods, cometic gasket, 14b turbo, and a walbro 255. As soon as i start crankin the engine i throw a cel, the car starts right up and runs perfect bet it throws code 6 crank angle, whats goin on? Everything is timed and dead on, timing belt is dead on the cams and crank, timed at 14degrees btdc and tuned on an a’pexi neo for right now untill i can find someone to help with tuning which is hard because i lice in southeast idaho, land of rednecks and bullydog runnin diesels. What could my problem be, its a brand new distributor, basicly everything in the car is new jdm b18b w/ the afore mentioned internals. Someone please help, also if there’s someone in this area that could help me tune it would be greatly apreciated this is my dd and im starting college in the fall for auto and have a 30 mile commute to and from school

P.s. Itz a 90 DA runnin the stock pr4

correct me if Im wrong but a code six is the crank angle sensor which is located inside the distributor. I did a write up on fixing a CEL code 9 which is something similar to what youve got going on right now and is most likely something you could do to fix yours, But in all honesty. I think a new distributor/distributor casing is in order.

yup its in the distrubutor

my distributor is almost brand new, i fried my old one december of 07 and picked up a new one jan of 08, i was doing some deep searching and discovered this thread: http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190951&highlight=crank+angle could it posibly be my ect sensor?

I just went and looked in my helms and you are correct.

A code 6 is the TW sensor. not the ECT sensor. the single prong sensor located just under the distributor

Someone should realy change that teg tips:(

Nope, still wrong, after thinkin about it i went out and looked, its the ect, the two wire plug below the distributor. i reached down to feel it and pulled both wires out of the plug as soon as i touched it so i spliced a spare plug on and boom, no more cel and no more super richness, it was in and below the tens on my wideband and now its back to norman 14.7-9

good to hear:up:

Thanks for the help everyone, this site has helped out so much. mods if u could change the teg tips so this problem doesnt happen to others