h22 turbo problems

Ok you guys got my turbo on after two months of more stress. lol

Heres the deal… I have a t3t4 setup. Aem fuel reg at 45, SAFC, stock injectors ( 310’s i think ), chipped ecu skunk program.

I turned my car over many time to get oil in before fire up. Than i fired it up. Smoke was coming out from pipes and my cut off which is gaped. No cat. Smoke color is a grey black little blue but hardly, More of a grey black at idle. also car does not boost. As soon as i hit boost car bogs and my head snaps foward.lol Vacuum gauge at idle says 20 or so. Plugs are pure black not wet but carbon. No oil in ic piping. Going to check dp for oil next. Also getting dsm injector tonight. also tried taking off my ic piping off TB and still smokes.

Would a vacuum leak do this.

sounds like tuning issues…i think you need to get that dialed in before you try and tackle any more gremlins…get the 450s in there

I’m also going to put colder plugs and better wires. Didnt know you need colder plugs… At first the a/f gauge was moving abit than whent all rich. This mybe a big problem too.

What are you exactly using for tuning? You can hardly do anything with stock injectors and safc. you need to sue bigger injectors and correct it into the negatives to trick your ecu so you can actually go into boost. Sounds to me like you are just gonig into limp mode when trying to go into boost and the ecu sees that… Rethink over your management or say bye bye to taht H22A. that skunk2 ecu chip combiend with AFC will KILL that motor with so much timing advance.

Should i pull that chip out than? I have a p28 ecu. SACF, feilds controller for my vtec. and dsm injectors which i will be installing today. Aem fuel reg + rail , and fuel gauge.A/F gauge. This is my fuel management. So at this point what is my best opition for management. Keep it easy. Cant afford a tweaked out hondata…Where should my timing be our how my degrees from stock?

Since you’re OBD1. I would jsut chip the ecu for DOHC VTEC with uberdata etc. that way you can get rid of vtec tronller and set it within the chip, and set all your fuel/ign maps without the use of the safc So if you can figure everything out, you can actually make money by selling the afc and fields afc :slight_smile: Cause rom chip burners are cheap nowadays.

i put some colder plugs. Stock gap is .44 i went to .40 still smoking at idle. Plugs got black withen mins. Didnt drive it. And wont until that smoke goes aways. Waiting fo my injectors. Hope this guy dont have a hang over lol.

I while be looking into this uberdata. Any body in san jose wanna make some money if they can do it. $$$

What are your FASC and field AFC settings at? Just sounds like it’s running way too rich

It is running way to rich. Its weird. The afc is leaned out to about 25% all across runs ok. If i go lower it bogs but the A/F guage still shows rich. My fuel reg is at 45psi. I’m not to sure to put the DSM injectors in if its only going to run more rich. The FAFC is just for vtec. But i raised my vtec up to 7g. Had it at 5.2g and when it hits it bogs. You can smell the richness just at idle.

Aslo when i slow down in gear to a stop the A/F gauge will finally move but only half way as if it was running perfect.

Oh smoke has stop. the afc was hooked on wrong. When i was checking the wiring on the ecu one of the wires came off on the afc. i put it back on in reverse because i had no more male connectors. But still running rich.I changed maps of another car too.

And to top it off,little smoke is coming out my pcv…

Man sounds likethe motor is already hurt :frowning: What do you hav for sensor type In and out? you sure you ahve those hooked up right? having it hooekd up wrong will screw the readings all up as the MAP is very important tog et correct.

:mad: i’ll check tomerrow!

How does the engien actually sound? Does it sound normal or as if its’ missing or what? I rememebr by just messing uyp the wires for the map sensor. the car ran but soudned like a blown domestic V8 lol. chagned it back and purred nciely again hehe.

My car feel ok but little rough. My settings seem fine. They havent been changed. 06 06 pressure. 4 cly. arrow pointing up right. Did sensor check all look good.

The o2 was bad. Now A/F gauge show lean when driving. Normal turbo problem lol. Now i’m going to go ahead and get some dsm injectors or a fmu. Than go get some tunning done. My map is still throwing codes during boost. I put to check valves and still throws a CIL. Tried two valves and still.

you have a p28 ecu? wow i told you i can help you with hondata. you just need a s200 with boost. was just on sale for $250,all you need is just the (blue)box, i have every thing else to properly tune you motor.
the skunk chip and afc is not cool for your motor.
i can do a street tune so you can get around and when you are ready to dyno tune, we can get the full potential out of it. just hit me up if you have any questions.
sent you an email as well

www.EFI101.com
EMS/Dyno Tuning/Engine Building Services Available

HYBRIDG2I hook it up. Where are they on sale at. I’ll go pick one up even if i have to pull the money out of my ass…

also heres my email. The skyline one is my old one. posjrwannarace@yahoo.com

:shock: wwwwwwwhhhhhaatttttttttttttt, well i havent been around here for a while now…paul got bbooosssttttttttt! damn thas coo…i was up in san jose on xmas & newyears…overthere on hamilton and central…u might know where thas at…rite off the freeway…aiiight then im outsss.

sent you an email

www.EFI101.com
EMS/Dyno Tuning/Engine Building Services Available