14b turbo ... good? deal?

i talked to my buddy…and his dads sellin a turbo, the 14b, he said the trubo was runing very good at 18 psi when he took it off…now he said it need to be rebuilt, he says theres SOME not alot of shaft play. and im gettin ti for 20 bucks…think i should do it?.. yes…no?..its only 20 bucks i guess

jump on it.

I say go for it, definetely . I originally wanted a t3 super 60 for my LS daily driver, but I’m going with 14b now. These turbos can hold 18psi to redline on a 2.0L motor, and they spool in the low 3000’s. Its perfect for a daily driven LS.

Most turbos will “hold” boost to most redlines/engien sizes. It’s the matter of how efficent that held boost is that high up in the band. but it’ll work. Why did he say it needs a rebuild? Ask him if oil blows by the seals. If it doesn’t. and there is no real major shaftplay, don’t bother rebuilding it

well i bought it. its got some shaft play, only side to side. and it doesnt blow nothing through the seals

my friend was running 20psi daily on his 1g dsm with stock turbo keep that in mind its a good turbo.
Ryan