Car not boosting Help

Finshed my turbo project but have a few questions and one proplem. First my Question is what should the fuel pressure be set at i am running rich at idle and when i hit it my air/fuel gauge shoots to lean and sticks for a second at stioch while i am going through the band and i feel only a little tiny bit of boost and then back to rich when i shift it into 3rd. My setup is as follows for my fuel system & Turbo sytems. I was thinking maybe my boost controller is setup wrong (this a trial and error procedure). I have both hoses coming from the wastegate to the side of the boost contoller and regular vacum line going to the bottom of the contoller. Any help would be greatly appreciated considering i don’t look to the boards to often for help but i am stuck.

T3/T4 .60/53
Vafc on LS motor
DSM 450cc injectors
B&M Regulator
Walbro fuel pump 255intank
MSD Boost Timing Master Set a 1
TurboXS Boost Controller Looking for 7 PSI.
Tial 35mm Wastegate.s

Sounds like you may jave jumped into this.

But anwayys what are your AFC settings set at?

Yeah jumping right into it isn’t the word but you have to learn some how, anyways keep in mind This is VAFC2 on a LS Motor i plan on going Vtec later. Here are my settings though

Wide LVT Throttle 1-6500rpm -37%
Narr LVT Throttle 1-6500 -37%
Narr Throttle 43%
Wide Throttle 44%
Sensor Number IN 6 OUT 6
Map Sensor Voltage 2.7 Key on ignition off.

side port of the tial should be hooked up to the bottom port of turbo xs mbc…
and the side port of the turbo xs mbc to the vaccum source…
the top port of tial is used for EBC…

Ok i corrected that but don’t have time for a Test run i am on lunch i will get back on that after work. Any other ideas on why my fuel is acting so funny.

get a wideband to get acurate reading…

ok well now the car runs rich till about 3200 rpms and i got nothing feels like it might want to boost i thought it was going to boost but the car never went anywhere no accleration anything and the fuel reads stioch at this point also. To add to the list of proplems i only have like 18 psi on my vacumm portion of my boost gauge and no idling issue either so i no there are no vanumm leaks. Please any help would be grealtly appreticated.

Have you checked for any actual boost leaks in the charge pipes?

You reallly really really shoudl not use the a/f guage you have for fuel tuning. that gauge only shows between 14.1-15.X I think it was?(someoen correct me if I’m wrong) so it could easily say rich or lean when you are actually fine…orrrr…you’re acutalyl lean as hell cause if it reads 14 flat and shows rich. that is still lean as hell in boost.

Yeah as far as i know for the boost leaks i am fine i’ve checked a rechecked the pipes where tested before put on the car. I was planning on a wide band in real soon but wanted a fuel rail and fuel pressure gauge off the rail rather than on the filter first. Would having the pressure gauge on the wrong side mess it up in any way cause i really didn’t know what i was doing when i did it, got the gauge from a friend no instructions.

I was also thinking maybe my injectors could be running off or uneven
me running rich for as long as i was (this has been kind of a long project longer then normal trust me) the fuel filter might be clogged.

Nope anywhere before the return line is fine :slight_smile: Do you hear the wastegate open when it tries to boost?

I thinking back but i wanna say no because i remember it spoolin like its about to hit and then for like 200 rpm(between 3000 & 3200) nothing and after that no acceleration and it is the same in every gear.

The car doesn’t depend on boost after 3200 rpm does it, cause yeseterday my car was going out to 6200 easy and there was no boost but the controller was all the way close so i opened it little and ran it there was little sprts of boost but not enogh to hold it i would feel the tires grip but then it would die. today i start it check engine for speedo not be hooked up and it won’t go past 3200rpm.

Ttt