92 teg turbo suggestions

As you all know, I am real new at this entire car thing. Ive done some searching and am still not sure on what to do.
lets say you are on a 800 dollar budget. I have a b16a 92 5spd integra with a cold air intake. thats all i know. what turbo KIT (I need everything) would u suggest, keep in mind i will have to have this professionally installed. thanks guys, please dont flame me, i searched. i do believe bolt on is the easier, cheaper way to go right? and im looking for as much hp as i can for my 800 dollar budget?
please try to stay on topic and any help is greatly appriciated.
thx fellow teggers!

EDIT: i just read some on the turbo guide and didnt know if i made it clear, were talkin i know nothing, i dont know what i need as far as manifolds and all that
thx again

if you only have $800, you can forget turbo.

buy a nice nitrous kit and have it professionally installed…75 wet shot :slight_smile:

ok alright thanks man. how much are we talking for something decent installed?

You wanting a new or used kit? New kits are around $2400-2700 depending on which brand you’re lookin at. Most “shops” charge from $500-800 for a turbo install.

But a used kit can be had for $1500-2000 and there is a guy around here who wrenches all the local hondas out of his garage who does installs for like $150-200.

But yeah, $800 won’t go far for a turbo set up. Especially if you don’t know (or care to read/learn) enough to piece it together or install it yourself.

Nitrous is your bang for the buck…get it, use it sparingly…and start saving for turbo and/or a motor build.

With only 800, def. go with nitrous. Thats the best bang for the buck.

With $800 you could easily piece together a ghetto turbo kit…no guarantee on how well it will hold up or how much trouble you’re going to have with it, but you can do it. You just have to know what you’re looking for and what you NEED…I wouldn’t recommend it though, BUT it can be done…

cant be done unless you know how to weld and have the materials just ‘layin’ around already…and he said it will be installed by a shop

You could use pvc pipe for piping with $2 couplings from HomeDepot. Run with no intercooler under low boost. I have seen some hella ghetto manifolds go for as low as $50 on HMT. You can get a junkyard turbo for like $80. Use turboedit for engine management. Take advantage of xenocron’s chipping services (I will be coming to you soon!!) or you could do it yourself if you had the right things and new a little bit about electronics and soldering. The most expensive part would be fabricating a downpipe, and throw another $150 for little misc. hoses and things that you will need. Like I said though, I really wouldn’t recommend it b/c you will probably end up with some problems that you don’t even want to get into. LOL…

Oh, and as far as a shop install…You’re screwed trying to boost even that ghetto if a shop is installing it. I didn’t read that part, sorry.

Problems like your PVC pipes melting. :bs:

Actually, I know 2 people personally that have been running pvc pipes as their piping setups for over 2 years with not one single problem ok? So I know this for a fact. Unless you have seen it with your own eyes I would not call bullshit. Search around a little and you’ll learn that their are actually some people out their that have been running fine with that.

why cant people just save, SAVE and do it right. I know it sucks, but for gods sake. Its a car, not a power wheel you can just toss around. Please buy a new turbo kit or good used one and keep your job a little longer, get a nice Fuel system so your engine will last, if you got high miles, rebuild it

I waited a year to do my setup and now it runs with no problems with 403whp daily and and 552whp in c16 on track days.

just take your time. in the turbo world, you get what you pay for, dont get no ebay shit, no ebay manifold, no ssautochrome junk.

sorry for this, if its harsh, but i know both ends of this game personally. The cheap and expensive end.

do it right.
:burnout:

I could not agree with Tenzo more! That’s why I said I highly discourage doing that cheap turbo setup. Save and do it right the first time. You get out what you put into it. Do tell yourself that you want to go cheap at first and then upgrade later. Most people do, but any major changes in air flow (piping, manifold, etc.) You would need to have the car retuned everytime you changed something like that. You would probably spend more money in the end. Just save and do it right. Good Luck.
Chris

With no IC? I could see it working from the IC to the TB, but coming right off the turbo seems like it would be so hot it would turn to putty…

[size=7]zex Nitrous Kit[/size], With Header , Exhaust , Intake -------IF GOING TO GO WITH A TURBO KIT DO IT THE RIGHT WAY. I HAVE ABOUT $3500+ IN MYTURBO SET UP AND NOW IN THE PROCESS OF FULLY BUILDING THE ENGINE