Golden Eagle Sleeves

sending my block off tomorrow to golden eagle to have them sleeve my block. just wondering if anyone has used the sleeves before and should i go ahead and purchase a golden eagle forged crank instead of using the stock one .(how much power can a stock b16 crank handle )

i am wanting to run 25psi or more .already have most the parts
to buld the block
i am using srp 9:1 compression with eagle h-beam rods hoping for 10’s in the quarter .
this is going to be a daily driven car but driving around town i will only be running 15psi

I run the GE sleeves with no problems as of yet. Don’t worry about the crank, the OEM piece will take anything you could ever throw at it. I also think you are confusing Eagle (who makes rods and forged cranks) with Golden Eagle who sleeves blocks and makes various other parts for Hondas and other imports. I don’t know of any forged cranks that Golden Eagle makes.

here is the site they make cranks and golden eagle is eagle same companyClick here: Golden Eagle Manufacturing

I didn’t check the link but I believe you anyways. Guess you learn something new everyday :rockon:

Nothing to click :jerkoff:

i think you should be more worried about the srp pistons with high boost. those are je’s “street” pistons with higher silicon content and meant for low to moderate boost. you may want to try je’s standard line of pistons instead.

ill say what i know keep your oem crank, ive seen cranks come from eagle that need to be seriously ground before any use, i just don’t see it being worth it, you get what you pay for.

i have not seen good things out of high boost srp pistons. i have seen high boost on cp pistons hold up.

Golden eagle is
NOT the same as eagle rods!!!

I was thinking the same thing reading that post too…

[size=3] [b]OR[/b][/size]

Lisa Kubo, Erick Aguilar, Steph Papadakis, and Jojo all made their cars using a stock crank if that means anything to you. :shrug:

and like the others said…for higher than about 12-15 psi at any point, i’d stay away from SRP. Wiseco, JE, and CP are all top brand performers. You’d be best to look into those brands. :up:

SRP pistons are not meant for high boost - JE will tell you that themselves. I’d go Wiseco or JE’s normal line of pistons. I prefer Wiseco due to cost and weight factors.