want to pull high 12 or very low 13's

ok peeps it’s almost income tax time which means project 05 it’s going into full swing…i have some turbo pieces i brought back in tha summer but don’t mind that…i have 6k to spend on this engine and i need ideas…i want to shit on anybody that come up on me @ honda day 05…like that title says my goal is low 12’s on my street tires and i’m willing to do what i have to…i have a t-3 turbo that i’m sending out for rebuild also my trans since it’s starting to fuck up with get rebuild with some gears from a gsr put in for tha low end…i’ll also be adding a lsd i’m guessing i need 350-400 @ tha wheel to pull that off…i have no a/c and i’m interior and system is staying…ok ideas?

With that much money Id build the hell out of the bottom end, then the head make that baby bullet proof! 6 grand can do a lot (and make you want a lot more.)

four letters (SC61) and 20psi

Although you stated your goals you did not tell us what it is that you are starting out with, whether its vtec or non vtec. But if you want to make the power, i would buy a old LS bottomend for peanuts and stuff a set of forged rods and pistons into it. Sleeve it if you feel its nessessary ( i personally don’t but thats just my opinion). The rest I can’t say unless I know if its vtec or not. But get a decent turbo manifold (nuekin) , turbo(sc61), wastegate (38mmTial)and intercooler(doesn’t matter what make it is as long as it can support the hp you want), bigger injectors 750cc, fuel pump (Walbro 255), ARP headstuds, adjustable 1 to1 fuel pressure reg, good standalone ecu, a clutch to handle the power and last but not least a decent set of front tires to plant the power.

if you need any help putting it together when the time comes, let me know

also, is this a DIY type of project or is a shop going to be doing some of the work?

i say find a cheap LS block and a b16 head…make an LS vtec turbo. blockguard or post the block and run 16-18 psi on a t3/t04 turbo

i wouldnt go sc61, thats just too big for my tastes. i like the sc34 or the gt32r(i think its that). both will support your HP goals.

might even want to look into getting the Full Race kit

also remember, that is you want 12s on street tires, you are going to need upgraded suspension, track bars and solid motor mounts to eliminate vibration and wheel hop…you might also need beefier axles

its all adds up and unless you have done this once or twice…$6000 begins to disappear quickly

well as for tires i’ll use tha same ones i run now which are p-zero nero’s…as for a mani i have one from sfp that i would like to use…my turbo is a diff story i never really looked 2 it till today…it’s a airesearch m27 gil2…i have no idea what that means…i tried looking it up but i was low on time…i’m assuming it was an oem…i have an ls and would like to keep it that way…keep in mind this will be my main car…i want to drive this car out of state @ a drop of tha hat…i don’t want to deal with tha bullshit of converting to vtec…as for a diy… if i had a place to do it i would like to but looks like i have no choice but to give it to a shop…my engines it getting rebuild @ tha same time so head work and light bottom end work isn’t an issue…i was going to run smic but i’m going with fmic…not need a run down on parts to buy and ideas…i sure it doesn’t cost 6k to run what i’m asking

wow lot’s of money, reminds me of this one I saw on my trip to Garage Five
turbo LS/VTEC GS-R

DSC02962.JPG

sorry, but 6k wont get you to the 12’s with a shop doing all the work

if you do…more power to ya

hehe taht G2 just sits there in their shop dongi nothing. everybody there is too scared to drive it. The owner is in Toronto and drives an escalade and BMW. he has forgotten about the G2. :stuck_out_tongue: over 30cdn G’s put into that

Ls/Vtec

If your rebuilding your motor and all that then you might as well go LS/Vtec. It’s not that much if you are going turbo anyways and wanna run those low numbers and while the engine is apart you might as well get those new parts anyways. I would get a b16a or a GSR or TYPE R head (preferably type r). Then get an LS/Vtec oil kit, Forged rods, Pistons, ARP head studs, ARP rod bolts, and since your doing a rebuild then all the other stuff you need will come along with that such as gaskets and what not. I don’t know much about turbo since im going all motor LS/Vtec but if you wanna go turbo then get a good turbo but make sure you have built your block and the head is strong. Thats the best way and you can get it if you watch your money and do most of it yourself. Hope that helps. Let us know what your gonna do.

-ConJuan

if you go LS/VTEC don’t forget to upgrade your Oil and Water pumps to the b18c

Listen to the man, B18C oil pump has higher flow than LS or b16.

hey i luved my sc61, and he’s in nj he might be able to find the thief who stole my turbo :squint: . i agree with u tho lsvtec block gaurd the bitch and boost hard. full race is soo damn expensive tho. nice turbo kit, but damn 1400 for a manifold just for the name doesnt justify me ever buying one lovefab is same quality and cheaper.

as for power needed to run 12s in your teg… you dont need 350-400, you’ll need about 250-300@whp, good tires, and really nice driving/launching technique. freind of mine with a 2400 pound car(i kno its lighter) with drag radials(bfg’s) and 10psi tuned making around 320@whp went 12.1@113. so it is possible for a car heavier to do it just with the right driving.

350whp should get you into the 11s on slicks in a fairly lightweight car. high 12s should be very attainable with 250-300whp like he said.

Ill keep an eye out for you :wink:

looks like you got some competition… :rockon:

lets not get carried away now, i was going 12’s on street tires 2 years ago :wink:

that maybe so but what makes this an interesting project is that i won’t be gutting anything out i’m system will stay put and i will run this on my 16’s i’m talking complete sleeper…i just don’t want to deal with going vtec…i’ll talk to the people hooking this up for me if it doable with not that much of a hit to my bottom line then fuck it i may just have the fastest 4 dr in jersey…