Ls Turbo

I am parting together my turbo pieces. So far its a t3/t4 garrett. A 38psi tial wastegate. dsm injectors. hks ssq bov. intercooler. and other little things. but my question is how high will I be able to rev this b18 engine. Oh yeah i also install 8.5 to 1 pistons and engle rods with arp bolts. If I rev higher then 7000 rpm, wont the engine be “screaming” after that? How high will I be able to rev. or will it make more sense to but a gsr engine and work from there?

Ok well if this post is not a joke i will attempt to answer for you…

1. What kind of t3/t4 is it?
  2. What is a Tial 38psi? You mean 38mm?
  3. What kind if intercooler and “other little things” do you have?

The rev is limited to the ECU period. So it does not matter what you do to it, you will still be “revving” to the same spot (if you like to bounce on the limiter). I am highly doubtful that your turbo will be making power past 7K rpm anyhow. So unless you get a fairly large turbo and some cams to go with you will most likely not be making power to go past 7k, thus no need to rev that high (especially with 8.5:1). If you want to rev a motor then ditch all that turbo stuff by selling it to me for $100, then buy a B18C and swap her over and have fun.

I think when an engine “screems” is a matter of opinion; is it not?

if i was you and you wanted to rev that motor higher i would do a little head work like valve springs and retainers and possible valves if you do all of that i don’t see no reason why you couldn’t rev it around 8 grand or so ls motors are strong motors and gsr’s r nice but cost a good penny . if you want to sell the wastegate or the blow off e-mail me at quicktegb16@aol.com .

I dont believe the ls block was designed for high rpm’s like the vtec’s so reliability becomes a concern.

A17- Well Lots of your answers have been answered all rdy…

But you sill need to anwer some more ?s

1. What A/R, Trim, What stg of wheel?
  2. Why are your going with 8:5:1 pistons?
  3. What is the car going to be used for? Daily? Drag? Road Race? All the above
  4. What are you using for engine magment?

The only way to change being able to rev higher as mentioned befor is to change the ECM wether it be by a diff chip or just by a sandalone ro whatever…But that does not mean you will get more power. More then likly you will loose or break something… If you upgrade one thing as most the time you have to upgrade another for it to work with it or work well with it…

DG

go to 7k rpms. dont forget that in stock form the powerband drops off at 6200ish rpms. the turbo setup will drop off a little after then.

yea…why the 8.5 compression? the more information you give to us the better we can help you out

peak torque on the LS motors is around 5200 in stock form…its all down hill from there. when tuning you try to make the torque as flat as possible after peak torque. Cam gears and an aftermarket IM can help the engine breath better to keep the curve flat.

A/R : .48 and the Trim is Std. those are the specs for the turbo the guy gave me. Also the reason why I am going with 8.5 to 1 is that I got the JE pistons, the eagle, block gaurd and aem fuel rail for $500. So i know that lower compression is for turbo so i bought it. It is definately gonna be a daily driven car. and ocacionally tried at the track once in a while. I am not looking to go for crazy power. Just enought to blow past mustangs and my borhter got a 92 awd turbo eclipse and that shit runs fast. He is in the high 12’s on street tires. Those cars are fast. I want somehing to keep up with him.

I meant eagle rods*

Why is everyones goal to beat a mustang? I would set my standards a little higher. As far as high twelves, you are going to have to invest a lot more money into the car for that. If you have the power to run 12’s that doesnt necessarily mean that you will do so. Traction is definatley a problem that needs to be adressed. You can forget about hanging with an awd elcipse off the line :burnout: