Vtec pressure switch - code 22?

I’ve got a built ls/vtec turbo, and towards the end of this year I kept getting code 22 from my ecu, v-tec pressure switch. We changed out the switch itself, re-checked the ground to make sure it was still connected/together, and even changed out the restrictor in the oil line, and still I kept getting that code.

I do regualr oil changes, and had no problems all year long until the end of the summer.

Anyone run into this little problem. It’s driving me nuts,and I want to fix it.

have you actually dbl checked the wire running from the switch to the ECU? maybe it’s slightly broken somewhere

where did you get your pressure switch? i need one also…

honda, u want one for a 94 del sol vtec. thats what i ordered one from for a customers car.

Are you using a JDM ECU?

Yes, it is. It was from a 94-95 JDM Gs-r. Would this make a difference?

WELL I HAVE A B20 VTEC SQUEEZE ,WITH A OBD0 PR3 ECU N IT WAS WORKIN N IT DOES THE SAME SHIT…CODE 22…I HAVE BEEN TRYIN TO FIX IT BUT :wtf: SO IF ANY ONE COULD HELP…ALL THE WIRING IS GOOD I REWIRED IT TWICE… :frowning:

A lot of people have had this issue. It seems it’s a matter of trouble shooting the problem.

If you are on Honda-Tech, do a search under “vtec pressure switch” or “code 22” and you get pages of people with the same issue. Some have been able to fix it others not.

I won’t find out till spring when the car is out again.

easy way around it is get the ecu chiped and disable the vtec oil presure switch. I have the Mugen variant ecu that JDM honda parts sells it a great computer. I got the version that disables vtec oil presure and knock sensor, Rev limiter to 9k even thoe i never go past 8k and removed speed limiter.

Is there a reason why they disable the vtec press. switch option?

I thought about that but wouldn’t that be playing with fire? I mean if it’s throwing the code, there must be something wrong, and it could be fatal to the motor.