Clutch For Turbo LS

Im soon going to be droppin my turbo into my 99 LS, my question is how long can i run the turbo on my stock clutch and fly wheel??

the flywheel will be ok. it’s the clutch that is going to go out when you install the turbo. if you drive your car normally, your stock clutch will last, but i’m assuming you’re going to want to boost. if your car is going to have downtime anyways, it would be best to upgrade the clutch as well. it will save you time and money. i have a clutch for sale if you decide to upgrade the clutch. link here—>Clutch for sale

reuse the stock flywheel (have it resurfaced at a machine shop). what clutch and pressure plate you get kinda depends on how much torque you are expecting to make. i just put an act heavy duty pressure plate and 6 puck unsprung in my b18b and its a little harsh for daily driving. if you are only going to make like 220 ft/lbs or less, try using the heavy duty pressure plate and modified organic (ss) disc.

i went with an action 2md… look into that if you want something hardcore and streetable.

I’m not turboed yet but I went with the Action 2KS

another excellent clutch. the 2ks offers very smooth engagement as well as power holding ability. the 2md is very harsh engagement, but something you can easily get used to. its like learning how to drive stick all over again, but its worth it in the end. the 2md will hold 350wtq whereas the 2ks is more suited to 250wtq. i hope this helps…

Im using a Clutch Masters stage IV with a lighten GSR flywheel and its awsome but the clutch is too pricey. We just finished installing a Competition clutch Stage IV with a competition 12.5 flywheel in my friend’s G3 and its awsome. We’re in the process of turboing it right now.