Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oem headstud @ 6psi

would it be okay ?

currently with 10.6:1

will replace with arp headstuds when i get a new head and low comp. pistons.

but that wont be for a while, so i'd be driving this daily @ 6psi.. so yea..

yay or nay?
    yay
    58.82%
    nay
    41.18%

How ya doing Kevin! That's pretty sick you're boosting now. Congrats.

Anyhow,
    Considering that our brittle aluminum Honda engines have no initial anti-knock countermeasures for boost, and that we've got floating aluminum cyclinders, I think FI B-series engines need as much protection as possible.
    And considering you're running 10.6:1 C/R.....eeeekkk! (Kaaaboom!) If you're not careful. (Also, what are you running for engine management, and fuel support?)

IMO, B18c (longer version) ARP studs are worth the piece-of-mind, that your head has a smaller likelyhood of separating from your block. (Maybe overkill, but short of a sleeve-kit, I'd do block girdle, block gaurd, and all ARP fasteners.)

My 2 cents. And congrats on the boosting Kevin. I'd like to see you're car again. Are you still rolling on the blue and red wheels?

-Andrew

Comment

you're fine at only 6 psi.

but why didnt you use new head studs when you replaced the slugs?

10.6 compression isnt all that crazy...just use more caution in the timing maps

Comment

didnt change slugs, used a itr block, needed a motor, so i put together the vtec/b20

Comment

Originally posted by tegboi
          didnt change slugs, used a itr block, needed a motor, so i put together the vtec/b20
          What's your set-up kevin?

Comment

ITR block, b20 head, 92 - 93 cams, fpr, short ram aem, dc 4-2-1 two piece, test pipe, and the rs*r. obd-0, stock ecu

Comment

Originally posted by tegboi
              ITR block, b20 head, 92 - 93 cams, fpr, short ram aem, dc 4-2-1 two piece, test pipe, and the rs*r. obd-0, stock ecu
              Why a non-vtec head? Also, what's your turbo specs? Also, why are you using a stock PR4 ECU to boost on?

BTW, nice block.

Comment

LS block broke, no money for vtec head, had parts laying around, so i made a frankenstein of my own.

turbo specs, not sure.

stock garrett T3

from like, a ford turbo coupe.

Comment

so u dont have vtec, u just got a super LS

Comment

not even.. torque numbers are lower then a stock LS

Comment

Working...
                    X