need help form expeiranced booster! !

well i’m buying my first turbo kit peice by peice, my dad wants me to get a small t-25 to start off with so i dont go nuts and try to blow my motor with a bigger turbo. anywyas i ned to know with a small t-25 will i have to upgrade my fuel injectors still? and epgrade or re-flash my ECU still?? jsut wondering sense i barely come to this board anymore. btw didn’t croncho 80 have the LS/VTEC turbo? why are those other pics in his new forum show that he has jsut a regular non vtec??

1. doesn’t matter how small your turbo is, you need fuel management, whether it be larger injectors and a way to control them, or an FMU.
  2. smaller turbo doesn’t always mean you’ll be less likely to blow your engine. if the turbo is out of it’s efficiency range, you’re blowing hot air and are more likely to detonate. you’ll get the low end grunt, but you’ll be struggling up top.
    a properly sized turbo will give you good power response where your torque would peak, and still be efficient enough to get you to the top end.
    a t25 is better than a 14b, but I’d say go for something a touch bigger.
    bigger turbo running less boost will be much more rewarding than a small turbo running high boost.

aaaaaaaaahhhhh. . . . i get it now, thanks alot for your help man :up: so i should get a 16G size turbo and run like 5psi, right?

a t25 is better than a 14b, but I’d say go for something a touch bigger.

That is not true, a 14b is bigger than a t25, and also the perfect choice for a budget turbo project on our cars. There isn’t really much of a reason to get a 16g. You can get a 14b for cheap, used DSM 450cc injectors and a 190 lph fuel pump and chip the ECU. You can run 10psi easily with the stock MAP sensor and get around 200whp. If you want more get a 2 bar MAP sensor and run 12-14psi and get some good power.