Doing turbo on B16a!

I have a 91 integra rs with a 90 b16a. im getting a complete turbo setup from friend and it is all brand new. its a T-25 ball bearing turbo with internal wastegate at 7 psi. my b16 is bone stock. Do you think this turbo will run safe on my car are what should i upgrade?

It will run safe at low psi and good tuning.

With good tuning you can run high boost no problem.

you think my stock fuel supply and stuff will be ok tho?

Not at all. You don’t want “stock” and “fuel” anything on your car.

Nope. lol… What do you plan on engine mangament?

i dont know im new to turbo and never done it. Thats why i was asking what all should i upgrade.

I woudl read the turbo guide at the top of this forum so you familarize yourself with FI. and then figure out how much you want to spend, and what your goals are, and go from there.

you know … you really should take a trip over to enginuity and talk to chris. your in SD right?? he should be able to answer alot of questions and he’s pretty cool.

I did but im asking you guys you opinion on what i should use and do.

Bump.

I dunno, well I am running a bone stock B16 except with ARP head studs. and Hondata IM gasket etc etc. but overall stock internals running a SC34 at 9-10 PSI. rips good… Questions? :stuck_out_tongue:

what all have you done for your fuel?

Walbro 255LPH HP fuel pump, B&M FPR and guage, DSM 450CC injectors, Apex’I VAFC for fuel tuning, and chipped ecu to fix the ad timnig advance that using the AFC does, and also now it provides boost retard. Also ahve datalogging wideband and EGT to know what the hell I am doing.

the stock engine is fully capeable of running boost with little to no modifications. you will not recieve full performance from it though, but it will be adequate.however remember that you need to run high octane gas permanently.

Tuned right, he can run 91 or 92 fine

IMO i would say change to a bigger turbo a t25 might be a lil too small for a b16 motor go with something ilke a sc50 or sc61 at best. but then again thats my opinion. do u wanna make peak power or more of a quicker boosting car with a flatter torque curve but less power?

T25 will be fine. But it will run out of steam at top end. And IMo, do NOT get the SC61 on a bone stock B16 running low boost, that is way oversized for that motor, woudl be betetr suited for a 1.8 at the very least. SC50 would suit it well tho. I’m running an SC34 on my b16.

Ever since i put the motor in i have only ran 91 octane any ways so thats not a problem.
btw the kit im getting is a Turbo Specialties extreme kit. link to the kit
http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/turbo_specialties_extreme_turbo_kits/

i have a 92 integra with an obd 0 b16a with a t3/t4 turbo for fuel i am runiing a walbro 255lph fuel pump and 450 dsm injectors as far as the ecu goes i am running a p28 with an uberdata tune .