N/A and Boost!!

Well my integra LS has remained stock for the last couple of months, because I don’t know whether to go N/A or FI, although I was thinking of going N/A until I graduate from school and then turbo, my N/A goal is around 170hp to the wheels on a LS motor, does anyone know any cams, and other N/A parts that would help me reach my goal but still let me be able to boost my car down the road and keep the N/A parts on without conficlting with the turbo setup!!

Think compression ratio…

Also, read Harberdasher’s turbo article. It should be everyones’ bible. :read: Building an engine for turbo is very different than building an engine for NA.

If you just want to build your engine once, and you plan turbo it, you’ll be driving around a with a slow NA motor due to the low compression. Although a nice 9.0:1 compression is a middle ground for modest performing NA, but still not too high for FI. If you build an engine with high compression, you’ll be forced to lower your boost PSI in the future. If you build a low compression engine, you’ll drive around a slow NA motor, until you’ve saved enough money to boost it. (Then at this point all is well.) The DSM turbo engine I recently had, had a 7.8:1 compression ratio, but boosted 12 PSI with a smile. If I pulled the turbo off, it would be one…slow…NA…engine.

Good luck.

I wanted to run a 10:1 compression ratio, on the N/A block and keep it that way until I get turbo, and then even with turbo 10:1 shouldn’t be that bad, I don’t really plan on boosting anymore than 15 PSI so I could get any with it!! Just wanna have a good track/autocross car!! I’m looking to get around 250hp with 10psi!! As for my N/A parts i’m looking for cams, and a high revving valvetrain to let me rev to at least 8,000rpm without worrying, I’m also looking for some good cam gears, and I’ll most likely add in a port and polish, does anyone think a 3 angle valve job would be necessary. ALTHOUGH THE MAIN KEY I WANNA GET FROM THIS PROJECT, IS TO BE ABLE TO KEEP THE N/A PARTS WHICH WILL HELP THE CAR IN IT’S N/A FORM, BUT ALSO WHEN I DO BOOST THE PARTS WILL STILL HELP OUT AS WELL!! :read: I’ve read Haberdasher’s turbo guide but couldn’t find the exact answer!!

leave the compression at 9.2:1 just buy forged rods and pistons, and you most def want to get titanium valves and spring.